Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Hardware Display Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. In this role, you will:
• Serve as the technical lead for display/touch components through the entire product life cycle, from road mapping through design in to mass-production support
• Manage the technical relationship with display and touch vendors to deliver display components to the required specification and schedule
• Perform hands-on bring-up, testing and troubleshooting of touch subsystems and display assemblies and associated control electronics
• Function as a subject matter expert on touch technology by providing up-to-date, accurate information to colleagues and management
• Travel to supplier and contract manufacturer sites world-wide to support product development activities (10% – 20% travel)
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering, Materials Science or related field
• 4+ years of experience in the consumer electronics or touch/display industry as a hardware engineer
• Experience with touch/display development or product integration
• Background in electrical engineering
• Experience with touch/display test equipment and methods
• Travel internationally when required
• Master’s or Doctoral degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering and/or Materials Science
• Experience in C/C++ or Java programming in a GNU/Linux development environment
• Working knowledge of optics, sensors
• Experience in working with international, cross-functional teams
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.