Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Position available in Seattle, NYC, LA, Nashville and Arlington, VA.
Amazon’s Forager Team is responsible for identifying exciting and delicious regional suppliers to include in our Amazon Fresh assortment. This new team will play a key role in differentiating the selection in our stores and tying them to our local communities. We are looking for experienced and passionate builders that combine a passion for food with an entrepreneurial owner mindset.
Key job responsibilities
The success of our local sourcing efforts is heavily reliant on operating effectively with teams across Category, Merchandising, Marketing and Supply-Chain. The Senior Program Manager for Forager is focused on simplifying and reducing the burden of process and communication.
This role is both data driven and creative – we are looking for candidates that are able to evolve our approach to deliver faster and with less incremental effort. You should be comfortable questioning the status quo and suspicious of unnecessary process. You will excel at understanding complex situations, be comfortable operating across a diverse set of functions and diving deep where necessary to create or align with pre-existing mechanisms.
Your key responsibilities include:
• Creating the process for local selection inclusion
• Streamlining marketing, merchandising and supply-chain integration
• Adapting existing process and tools for the inclusion of local products
• Monitoring key performance metrics initiatives to drive business growth as well as customer experience
• Working cross-functionally and across categories with business and technology teams, local business and operations leaders, executives of external partners, and other business functions (e.g. Finance, Legal).
• Invent and Simplify: our business is complex, but complexity will not lead scale. You are encouraged to be innovative and disruptive
• Customer Obsession: you are the first advocator of customer needs. Put yourself in customer shoes always!
• Think Big: you start from ambitious long term vision and take innovative approach to get there faster
• Earn Trust: Your success is based on multiple dependencies. Working effectively with internal and external stakeholders is critical to success. Be active in listening to their goals, priorities, and situation
• Are Right a Lot: you choose the right option in highly ambiguous, competing, and complex situation.
• 5+ years of experience in program or project management
• Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
• Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
• Superior analytical and quantitative skills, comfortable with complex financial data
• Highly polished communication skills – speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
• High threshold for working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment figuring it out and adapting as you go
• Demonstrated passion for food
• Experience in regional/local sourcing programs
• Experience in new projects or programs
• Proven experience leading teams & cross-functional projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.