Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of diversity and inclusion of our teams within the organization.
We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world delivery challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air Team!
We’re looking for outstanding Engineers who combine superb technical, research and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done. This person must be comfortable working with a team of top-notch developers and collaborating with our research teams. We’re looking for people who innovate, and love solving hard problems! You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history!
In this role you will:
- Be a key part of integrating Prime Air’s sensors; creating and improving embedded firmware and electronics
- Work closely with hardware and other firmware teams to design and optimize the system
- Communicate effectively in both spoken and written forms with diverse multi-disciplinary engineering teams
Export Control License: This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
Key job responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or related field
- Must have experience developing embedded firmware and electronics
- Must have experience testing and validating embedded firmware electronics
- Familiarity with common embedded system interfaces and protocols
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C/C++
- Excellent written and verbal communication; ability to explain complex concepts and designs to colleagues across disciplines
- Master’s in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or related field and 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience designing software for avionics systems or other critical systems that have been successfully deployed at scale
- Proficiency in Python and/or other modern scripting and automation languages
- Experience with rapid iteration prototypes and joint hardware/firmware development; partnering with electrical engineers to bring-up and test new hardware designs
- Knowledge of engineering best practices & patterns for the full software/hardware development life cycle, including design reviews, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and certification.
- Experience using Linux in a command line environment
- Experience interfacing test equipment (SCPI, Serial, RS-485, CAN-fd)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.