Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Location note – This role will lead a team with people in Sydney and Melbourne and so this role can be located in either city.
As an increasing number of large enterprises move their critical systems to the cloud, we are in need of high-powered technical leaders to help Amazon’s largest and most strategically important customers navigate the operational challenges of cloud computing. You will work with our top-tier customers, supporting the software development life-cycle for cloud services, operations management of active services, and business relationships with AWS.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mind-share and broad use of Amazon Web Services with Australian customers.
You must possess management and customer-facing skills that enable you to represent AWS well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding incidents, trade-offs, best practices, and risk management. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges as you help our customers take advantage of the efficiencies, cost savings and quick innovation available only in the cloud.
As Enterprise Support Manager, you will lead a team of Technical Account Managers who are the primary operational point of contact for your customer, helping to plan, review, and oversee ongoing operations of business critical applications. You will leverage your broad experience to work closely with sales leadership to plan and ensure successful launch and operations of AWS’s largest application workloads.
You will lead support reviews, both internally and with your customers, while constantly seeking ways to improve your customer’s AWS experience. In this role, you will also act as the voice of the customer within AWS to escalate problems and to drive prioritization of business needs for our customers.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Champion and advocate for Enterprise customers within Amazon Web Services (be their voice)
• Develop the team responsible for solving technical issues and working directly with AWS engineers to ensure that customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible
• Participate in discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Help Enterprise customers define IT and business processes that work well with cloud deployments
• Engage with Director and C-Level executives to translate business needs into technical and operational plans
• Work with AWS executive leadership to influence the product roadmap
• Provide detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, detailed pre-launch planning
5+ years experience managing technical teams of senior individual contributors
5+ years of experience in direct customer engagement (technical account management, business relationship management or consulting), with a focus on support to senior executives (Vice President and C-level)
Must have a track record of effectively managing technical teams remotely
Experience scaling an organization through rapid growth or expansion
Estimated ~25% domestic travel requirement
• Experience in technical account management, business relationship management or consulting
• Experience working with Software/Independent Software Vendor industry
• Experience scaling an organization through rapid growth or expansion
• An adaptable communication style that can fit diverse audiences (with varying technical backgrounds)
• Proficient in communicating complex ideas, either with the written word or in presentations
• Excellent analytical skills with a track record of achieving balance in innovative thinking with a strong customer and quality focus
• Experience with AWS service offerings
• Innovative thinking and bias for action balanced with a strong customer and quality focus
• Record of driving projects to improve support-related processes and the technical support experience
• Passionate about customers and new technology