Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The AWS Networking organization is hiring, and we’re looking for Network Development Engineers (NDEs) to join its team. AWS networking teams support all aspects of connectivity to/from Amazon and the outside world and the connectivity between Amazon’s data centers and services. Within Networking, we are confronting and solving complex and high-stake challenges. As a member of one of the AWS network engineering teams, you will play a part in designing and architecting networks.
This opportunity sits within the Frontier Networking organization responsible for the network powering AWS products such as Outposts, Local Zones, Wavelength and Ground Station. Our team supports the networking solutions underpinning these new and rapidly expanding AWS products. You’ll be a member of the team who designs the networking components and owns the automation of deploying and operating the network. This is an opportunity to join a team early in its evolution, where you can heavily influence the strategic and day to day decisions that shape how the team and our products mature.
Engineers in this organization define the hardware platforms, physical topologies, routing architectures and software control systems for these networks. The ideal candidate for this team would know ASICs, optics and router system design and have experience designing and implementing routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF.
In addition to fundamental Networking skills, our engineers must have Linux experience and a background in network automation. SDN is a reality at Amazon and our networks are designed to be fully managed and operated via software systems. Some proficiency in Python, Perl, C, or Shell Scripting is required.
Candidates should have experience working on and driving large projects with ambitious timelines and ideally using agile methodologies to manage their delivery. Our Engineers contribute materially to each team’s roadmap, and constantly help us to determine what’s most important. We expect engineers to work closely with peer and dependency teams to deliver the right solutions for our customers. The ability to collaborate and influence is a must. Together, you and your leadership team will decide on the projects that best support your team’s mission.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technology related field or equivalent experience to a Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years professional experience working in large scale networking environments.
- Experience with internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, ISIS and/or OSPF
- Experience with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS and Junos.
- Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Experience in automation via Bash/shell scripting and Perl/Python programming.
- Knowledge of network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills; specifically, network performance analysis
- Experience working with customers to diagnose a problem, and work toward resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.