Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you want to learn from top AWS subject matter experts? We help develop the industry’s best cloud-based solutions architects by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present architectures of widely varying size and complexity.
In this role you’ll partner across AWS teams to help customers craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems. You’ll help organizations understand cloud best practices, how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud, and have the opportunity to help customers ranging from new start-ups to large enterprise customers.
This role is part of our Best Fit job match program. We have a variety Solutions Architect roles in Singapore. Best Fit job match helps you navigate the complexity and make an informed choice. Apply for this role to be considered for multiple roles.
Key job responsibilities
- Serve as a key technical member of the Solutions Architecture team, helping to ensure customer success in building applications and services on the AWS platform
- Drive technical solutions discussions with your customers, diving deep into the details to solve complex technical challenges and use your knowledge to craft scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud architectures.
- As a trusted technical advisor, use your interpersonal skills to influence a variety of stakeholders from technical teams to executives, and help ensure their short-term technology decisions are aligned with their long-term goals.
- Work backwards from your customer’s business needs to accelerate adoption of the most appropriate AWS technology
- As a Builder, you’ll shape the direction of our products and services through gathering feedback from customers whilst collaborating with our engineering and service teams.
A day in the life
In this role, your technical depth, business aptitude, and ability to steer technology discussions at all levels will enable you to shape the customer journey. Your thought leadership, ability to look beyond the technology, and more holistically at the value technology creates for our customers, is crucial to your success.
You’ll partner with customers to design and build some of the most scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures and solutions. You’ll collaborate with Sales and other teams to help address customer business needs, accelerate the adoption of AWS services, and drive revenue growth. You will partner with our services teams, marketing, and professional services.
About the team
This role is within the Singapore CSC Solution Architecture (SA) team. The CSC is the inside sales organisation of AWS and is focused on new customer acquisitions in Singapore at scale. You will have the exciting opportunity to work cross-functionally and cross-geographically, as you collaborate with internal stakeholders from sales, operations, partner, and marketing teams, while being part of an entirely new concept at AWS.
One of the keys to AWS’s success is its top-tier collaborative culture. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple AWS professionals that can help you accelerate your career and bring ideas to market. You will be working closely with a talented team of managers and Solutions Architects that will push your technical abilities while you bring new innovations to a widely adopted and fast growing service.
Amazon offers an equitable salary package that includes shares, sign-on bonus, and a host of benefits. You will be encouraged and rewarded for doing what is right for the long-term success of the customer. We value your passion to discover, invent and build on behalf of customers.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field of study
- Experience within specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics)
- Experience creating proof of concepts, demos, and/or scripts from scratch or leveraging reusable components
- Experience communicating across technical and non-technical audiences and at C-level
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Broad technology experience including: cloud architecture, applications development, relational databases, NoSQL databases, analytics, machine learning, networking, security, storage, DevOps, containers, serverless, CI/CD, management and monitoring, cloud migrations, IT transformation.
- Experience architecting/designing solutions ideally built on the cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Demonstrated thought leadership through public speaking and / or publications
At AWS, we don’t mind being called “peculiar.” We see beauty in simplifying the complex, and we’re comfortable being misunderstood. That might sound unorthodox. We believe in removing obstacles so builders can build which is why our people enjoy working in AWS. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Want to Come Build the Future with us? Don’t wait, apply today!