Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is seeking Transportation Operations Managers to work in out sites across the country. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute over a billion shipments each year to our loyal customers.
The Transportation Operations Manager has complete responsibility for Transportation Operations at a number of sites within a pre-defined region of the country. This position requires a candidate with the proven ability to drive process improvements and the ability to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment.
- Lead and supervise a team of Transportation Area Managers that are located within the individual sites in an effort to streamline logistics within each individual operation
- Responsible for the overall safety, quality and performance and customer experience of your region
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures
- Accountability for meeting and exceeding operational goals
- Strategic planning and forecasting; appraise performance; reward and coach employees; resolve problems; address staffing needs
- Mentor, train and develop teammates for career progression and learning
- Ability to develop and share best practices across the shifts and network
- Travel up to 50% may be required
- Candidates must be flexible to work a variety of hours as business demands, including overnight, weekends and holidays
- A Bachelor’s Degree or 2+ years Amazon (blue badge/FTE) experience
- 3+ years of direct management experience for employees and their performance
- Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
- 7+ years direct management experience, including a salaried workforce, in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
- Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field and MBA preferred
- Experience with a contingent workforce during peak seasons
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.