Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you want to boldly go where no graph database has gone before? Do you like innovating to help customers and grow businesses? Are you passionate about data, or graph database curious? Do you want to own exciting, big-bet projects for the business ?
Amazon Neptune is AWS’s graph database service, launched in May 2018. We are looking for a product manager to take graph databases to the next level. There are far more customers who could benefit from using a graph database than who know when or how to use one. If this challenge excites you, then let us know.
As a Product Manager on the team, you will ‘think around corners’ to set the vision and drive the go-to-market execution to accelerate customers using graph databases at scale. You will work closely with cross-functional teams (e.g., sales, marketing, engineering, and solutions architects) and senior leadership within AWS to orchestrate and deliver new, major strategic initiatives to drive graph database adoption and grow the business.
Our team shares a passion for graphs and helping customers learn how to use a new type of database. We are a very collaborative and high energy environment, with global locations. This role is based in Seattle. If you agree that graph is awesome, or want to find out, come join us!
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
We follow a ‘No Meeting’ Friday culture, to allow you to have disturbance free time to focus on things that matter the most.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, see https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Key job responsibilities
• You will set the product strategy, vision and roadmap for the products you own.
• You will collaborate with the Business Development teams to chart out and execute on a GTM strategy for your products.
• You will own the feature definition, naming, positioning and pricing for your products.
• You will work closely with customers and across agile teams like engineering, sales, solution architecture, Go To Market and Principal technologists on the team
• Most importantly, you will Have Fun and Make History !
- BS or BA degree, MBA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in product management or equivalent experience
- Strong technical acumen. Can dissect complicated technical problems, simplify experiences and innovate on behalf of our customers
- Both technically deep and business savvy to interface with and lead teams of all levels and disciplines within an organization, from engineers to senior leadership
- Experience collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data from disparate sources in order to drive conclusions and recommendations
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and be able to work independently and effectively in a results-oriented, efficient environment
- Strong track record of delivering products and ensuring customer success
- Excellent written communication skill
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- MBA and a BS in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Prior experience with a graph models (Property Graph or the Resource Description Framework [RDF]), open source projects (e.g., Apache TinkerPop), and query languages (Gremlin, Cypher, or SPARQL)
- Concrete experience leading complex digital products through multiple life-cycles.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Strong technical acumen and understanding of technologies, like databases, cloud computing, IoT, complex event analysis, advanced analytics etc.
- Analytical and quantitative skills and the ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Ability to clearly communicate these data insights to others.
- Ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape.
- Possess deep industry expertise in the database space
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.