Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Looking to be part of a team building hyper-scale database services in the cloud? Do you want to revolutionize the way people manage vast volumes of data in the cloud where you have direct and immediate impact on hundreds of thousands of users who use AWS database services?
Aurora is a distributed, fault-tolerant database service, leveraging a self-healing storage system which performs up to five times faster than standard MySQL databases and three times faster than standard PostgreSQL databases.
Aurora is one of the fastest-growing AWS services, with business and engineering decisions having a widespread impact across many of the world’s fastest growing businesses! Our customers depend on the performance of our services to scale and support their mission-critical workloads.
As an Engineer in the team you will design and implement major database components to allow Amazon Aurora to scale and perform for the growing customer demands.
We are looking for Software Development Engineers who have built a lot of software shipped products and created platforms, tools and modules. You should be passionate about optimizing the software development experience at a very large scale, using your strong technical skills and motivation to achieve results. You are naturally enthusiastic about learning new technologies and industry trends and are excited by the idea of solving hard technical challenges. You are empathetic and curious, and will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we are building.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Most days, our entire team is co-located in the Dublin offices, but support occasional work from home if needed. Majority of team is present between 10am and 4pm and we provide flexibility for people to structure their working hours around them.
We pay close attention to onboarding process and support for new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Project assignments are planned according to development plan of each team member. With this approach team members and constantly progressing on their career paths which enables them to take on more complex projects in the future.
Come, join us in reinventing database systems for the cloud!
- 5+ years of professional software development experience developing high quality code.
- Built systems that scale through software, owned and defined the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns and reliability).
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle; including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Desire to build, sense of ownership, and eagerness to make a difference.
- Experience in designing and building highly-available and scalable distributed systems, taking a leading role in building complex software systems and delivering it to customers.
- Exposure to large-scale distributed storage and database systems (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, Graph DBs).
- Hands on experience with AWS services such as S3, EC2, Dynamo DB, CloudWatch.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent – Masters in CS preferred.