Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
AWS Network Security is looking for Sr. Security Engineers who can drive and improve Identity outcomes across the network for the largest cloud provider in the world. AWS is architected to be the most flexible and secure cloud computing environment available today. Our core infrastructure is built to satisfy the security requirements for the government, global banks, and other high-sensitivity organizations but the challenge doesn’t end there as each day we work to raise the bar for our customers. The security engineers within our team are instrumental in helping drive the Identity approaches and outcomes that affect the delivery of AWS next-generation networks with automation and scale as AWS continues its global expansion.
A Sr. Security Engineer in Amazon will be strong in multiple security domains and sought out for advice on technical issues. Efficient time management skills are required along with the ability to deliver results in the face of uncertainty. Engineers in this role must show exemplary judgment in making technical trade-offs between short versus long term security and business goals. They must also demonstrate resilience and navigate difficult situations with composure and tact. The successful candidate must be one that can handle several difficult challenges and problems, and can make risk-based assessments founded on data and facts.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical team, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere. The right candidate must thrive in high-pressure situations, think like both an attacker and defender, and drive relevant teams to take the right actions in the right timeframes to mitigate risks.
The successful candidate will have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and a demonstrated background in network security and software systems, specifically with Identity and Access Management (IAM). We value broad and deep technical knowledge, specifically in the fields of cryptography, network security, software security, security operations and incident response.
An ideal candidate should be able to accomplish most of the following:
- Methodically empirical and experimental in approach and evaluation without being bound by over paralysis-by-analysis
- Be an enthusiastic learner and curiosity seeker, focusing on what can be done rather than hindered by notions of what cannot be
- Work to improve knowledge of the security field, threat landscape, security intelligence, moving proactively toward prevention and detection of threats
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills, be passionate about sharing knowledge, tactics, strategy, as well as advocating for the project mission
- Evangelize security within Amazon and be an advocate for customer trust
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following degree programs: Cybersecurity, Computer Science/Engineering, Informatics, or related academic degrees
- 5+ years of experience in systems, network, and/or application security
- 5+ years of experience with at least one of the following programming languages: Python, Rust, Go, Java, or C
- 7+ years experience with internet security issues, cloud architectures, and threat landscape
- Prior experience and understanding of: AAA, IAM concepts, TACACS, Federation protocols, and SSO web services
- Relevant industry certifications from SANS, ISC2, etc
- Experience in leading technical teams/projects, analyzing complex data sets, gaining buy-in through data driven decisions and driving outcomes to completion
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of web protocols, common attacks, and an in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic environment
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Understanding of best practices in security engineering, including secure development, cryptography, network security, security operations, systems security, policy, and/or incident response.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us// .