Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
At Alexa Shopping, we strive to enable shopping in everyday life.
We allow customers to instantly order whatever they need, by simply interacting with their Smart Devices such as Echo or Fire TV. Our Services allow you to shop, no matter where you are or what you are doing, you can go from ‘I want that’ to ‘that’s on the way’ in a matter of seconds. We are seeking the industry’s best to help us create new ways to interact, search and shop. Join us, and you’ll be taking part in changing the future of everyday life.
The Alexa Shopping group is seeking talented and experienced engineers to design and develop Natural User Interface (NUI) shopping experiences and algorithms.
You’ll have the freedom (and encouragement) to experiment, improve, invent, and innovate on behalf of our customers. You will have an impact on Amazon’s new devices and the way shopping is done in the area of IoT. And finally you will have the satisfaction of being able to look back and say you were a key contributor to something special from its earliest stages.
- Bachelor’s (or above) Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years professional experience in software development
- Solid Computer Science skills in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C#, Python, C or C++
- Industry experience in Machine Learning algorithms development and deployment to production
- Expertise in NLP, AI or Search algorithms
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Comfortable challenging assumptions and thinking of creative ways to tackle problems