Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Did you ever have a situation where you were shown an embarrassing content when you were sharing a screen with your parent or child? Did you ever feel the content is not of high quality or irrelevant? Do you want to be part of the solution that Amazon is working on to make sure you or millions of Amazon customer never face this? Do you want to be part of the team that is responsible for the Amazon Advertisement experience to its world wide customers?
If you are wondering, then welcome to
Campaign & Creatives (CCS Fixed) Platform
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities and looking for passionate software engineers with a drive to innovate and solve complex problems.
Key job responsibilities
Research, design and code, troubleshoot and support. What you create is also what you own.
Own systems end-to-end including requirements clarification, design, implementation and roll-out to customers.
Improve the team’s development processes and thereby increase developer productivity.
Coach junior members of the team, and actively participate in code and design reviews.
Contribute to evolving the technical direction of MARS and play a critical role their design and development
A day in the life
As a Software Development Engineer in the MARS engineering team
You will build engineering systems and features to support human ad moderation.
You will also build scalable tools and infrastructure that will be used to measure moderation quality.
You will be challenged to work on optimisation problem for moderation task routing algorithm.
You will get to use latest distributed systems and big data technologies such as AWS Lambda, ECS, Elastic Search, DDB, SQS, SNS, Apache Spark, and EMR.
About the team
The MARS (Moderation and Relevance) team is based in Bangalore and is responsible for ensuring that ads adheres to ad policy, relevant and is of good quality, leading to higher conversion for the sellers and providing a great experience for the customers. We deal with one of the world’s largest product catalog, handle millions of requests a day with plans to grow it by order of magnitude and use automated systems to moderate tens of millions of ads submitted by thousands of advertisers in multiple countries and languages.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 1+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
- Skilled at SDLC practices.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms.
- Ability to learn new technologies and systems
- Advanced Degree (MS/ME/PhD) in computer science or related discipline or 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- Familiarity with the internet advertisement industry, fraud detection or machine learning is a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is a plus
- Strong sense of ownership and drive
- Sharp problem solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements