Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Alexa is Amazon’s voice-first AI present in over 100 million Alexa-enabled devices. As devices continue to integrate more deeply into our lives, Alexa Human Effects (HFX) seeks to raise the bar of what is considered a compelling customer experience. We are a paradigm-changing, generative practice that investigates intrinsic anatomical, biomechanical, neurological, perceptual, and cultural parameters, and codifies this intelligence into Alexa hardware, software, and wetware.
As a Human Effects UX Researcher, you will help develop new research paradigms to better understand how customers interface with Alexa Devices across varied contexts, and how their interactions with her can be enriched across future product development. The ideal candidate will thrive on the challenge of shaping intuitive customer experiences while balancing complex and competing priorities. You will drive generative investigations (e.g. development of customer models, archetype building), and undertake evaluative investigations (e.g. customer usability testing, customer psychophysics testing, concept evaluation).
In this role, you will synthesize a wide range of primary and secondary data types to perform quick and thorough analyses, culminating in focused, insightful, and actionable findings. You will work with internal teams and partners to take action aligned with our findings and inspire them to take action on opportunities to delight customers. Ultimately, you will grow our understanding of customer needs and help continually refine and expand the vision for Alexa, as her skills, customers, and contexts evolve.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience conducting customer and market research in an applied setting
- Passion and track record of using qualitative + quantitative data and insight to drive advances in the software, hardware, and the overall product development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in translating results into narratives that are readily understood by the organization and are applied to improve customer outcomes.
- Broad experience with the full range of research methods (e.g. attitudinal, behavioral) with deep expertise in one or more areas.
- Strong command of quantitative data analysis and inferential statistics.
- BA/BSc. in psychology, sociology, anthropology, human computer interaction, statistics or related discipline
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.