Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you passionate about helping customers utilize the latest in secure, distributed computing and content acceleration technologies? Do you have the ability to put together unique cutting-edge solutions that bring together a global look at security and performance? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an Edge Services Solutions Architect to work with our customers to craft cloud-based solutions.
At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will become a trusted adviser to our customers and will work with AWS sales, business development, and our edge services team to drive edge-services-related adoption and revenue. This will include showcasing services such as AWS CloudFront (CDN), Shield (DDOS Mitigation), WAF (Web Application Firewall), Amazon Global Accelerator and other Edge services.
Your broad responsibilities include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects. You should be as comfortable discussing complex technical details with a room full of engineers as you are briefing an executive audience. In addition, you will engage with other AWS service teams, solutions architects, partner and professional services organizations to drive large and highly complex sales opportunities to closure.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small businesses and startups to the largest enterprises.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensure customer success in building and launching edge-services-related solutions on the AWS platform
- Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, blog posts, case studies, technical articles, and public speaking evangelism opportunities
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
About the team
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
- 3+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience in applications or infrastructures
- 8+ years within specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics)
- 5+ years of experience in application or server architecture and networking
- Technical degree required; Computer Science, software development, other technology
- BA/BS degree preferred or equivalent work experience required.
- Experience working with external or internal customers to implement large-scale solutions
- Understanding of CDN technologies and communications protocols
- Hands-on experience with edge-deployed security solutions for DDoS, WAF, and Bot mitigation
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of the AWS services, market segments, customer base and industry verticals
- Prior experience in a technical role within a sales organization
- Understanding of application, server, and network security and compliance requirements such as PCI, FedRAMP and HIPAA
- Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development lifecycle
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for New York, Boston, Atlanta, Dallas, San Francisco, and Los Angeles.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $122,300- 160,000[hr/yr]; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.