Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use cloud computing web services to do big new things faster, at lower cost?
Do you like to work on-site in a variety of business environments, leading project teams through high impact migration projects using the newest technology?
Would you like to gain the deepest customer and partner insights on maximizing the value of cloud computing technologies?
At AWS, we’re hiring highly technical Cloud Consultants to help our partners develop technical expertise and capacity, while also collaborating with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our consultants will deliver proof-of-concept projects, topical workshops, and lead implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on key customer solutions such as, web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing and big data, archiving and disaster recovery, education and government. The role will include;
• Expertise – Collaborate with AWS field business development, marketing, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Simple DB/RDS databases, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc.
• Solutions – Design and deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in on-site visits with prospective customers, understanding customer requirements, and proposing and delivering packaged offerings, and delivering custom solution engagements.
• Delivery – Engagements include on-site projects proving the use of AWS services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span private cloud and public cloud services. Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services.
• Insights – Work with AWS engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world implementation challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of AWS cloud services.
• Security, Risk and Compliance – Advise customers on best practices around access management, network setup, regulatory compliance and related areas.
- Excellent customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior IT personnel regarding designing optimized technical solutions, best practices, implementation and risk mitigation
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges • Highly technical and analytical, possessing 5 or more years of IT implementation experience
- Deep hands-on experience leading the design and deployment of IT solutions
- Knowledge and experience in IT infrastructure, including computing selection, storage options and network solution with relative AWS services to fit in customer requirement•
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations
- Solid knowledge in Cloud Security, Risk and Compliance
- BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Engineering Degree
- Fluency in Mandarin and English
- Strong track record of implementing or working with AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPPA etc.)
- Integration of AWS cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
- Current hands-on software development experience; Internet-related business models preferred
- Knowledgeable with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.