Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
“Just Walk Out” is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkoutyou just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon app enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go!
Just Walk Out Technology uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earths’ most customer centric company and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
The Role of a Program Manager in Tech Deployment for Physical Stores is widely scoped – it means being responsible for technical execution and cross functional project management. This role requires a blend of technical acumen and operational execution.
These projects need to be delivered while cultivating a high degree of ownership in the resolution of technical and operational issues. This role requires the development of relationships with a wide group of stakeholders, including the management of external partners to reach project objectives.
A successful candidate will play an integral role in determining strategy, resources, features, schedules, and process for cross-company projects. They operate with significant autonomy, and demonstrate creativity and judgement when confronted with complex issues. You must have strong written and verbal communications skills, as well as an entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to influence others and dive deep, and a passion for technology.
Key job responsibilities
Manage projects and effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with our technical development teams, our business stakeholders, contractors and vendors.
Responsible for overall project delivery.
Establish and maintain project schedules, and perform risk management to minimize impact to the project critical path.
Serve as a direct partner to our real estate, construction and business teams to deliver project objectives.
Help drive continuous improvement efforts.
A day in the life
In this role you will be working on challenging problems that need creative solutions. You should be comfortable building process and challenging assumptions.
The Tech Deployment Program Manager role is broad, from ensuring all our AWS services are brought up from partner teams, to management of the physical installation of our Just Walk Out technology, installed by our engineers and technicians. You will report on store bring up progress and work closely with our key stakeholders.
You’ll partner with our global teams to bring up the stores and you’ll have a huge opportunity to influence processes and mechanisms to make improvements for our customers.
This is a virtual role based from home around 50% of the time and on site in stores or from our London head office near Liverpool Street Station.
About the team
Just Walk Out technology by Amazon
Amazon Fresh Stores
- Bachelor’s degree or higher; work experience may be substituted
- Experience directly influencing the deliverables and priorities of technical teams, and working with technical staff
- 3+ years in managing large scale, cross-functional, complex programs
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs, and highlight risks appropriately
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior leaders, across functions including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Superior problem solving skills
- Results-oriented person with a delivery focus
- Handles multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to travel 50% of the year.
- Project/Program Management Certification or Software Development Lifecycle experience (Agile or other)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.