Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a leader to join our team and accelerate the adoption of AWS cloud computing services worldwide via partner solutions. As Partner Development Manager (PDM) you will lead the partnership GTM engagement B2B Startup Independent Software Vendor (sISV) covering the Nordics, France & Benelux and our Emerging Markets in EMEA .
These partners are established with funding, and want to expand their business in conjunction with AWS. Our focus is to accelerate their development through developing Go-To-Market motions covering the development of their product; boosting and amplifying their marketing, and supporting their sales processes. The PDM works alongside the partner’s Account Manager in supporting their development, and works to support the partner in growing their business.
You will also own the overall GTM co-selling goal including implementing programs that will drive partner awareness and support AWS-sourced opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in working with software technology companies, experienced at influencing innovation with technology partners and with the presence to engage executive decision makers. You will have strong business development, product management, strategic alliances, and entrepreneurial skills, with experience in working for or with Startups. You can demonstrate an ability to think strategically about new business models, solution selling, and show prior solution and program successes.
Key job responsibilities
• Together with the overall partner and Startup team, define and execute a plan to help our most strategic Start Up partners in Europe transform and grow their businesses for SaaS and Cloud.
• Orchestrate different resources within the AWS organization to support product development, co-selling and GTM activities and create/ maintain a long-term, scalable joint GTM model that drives partner and customer success.
• Collaborate with our end customer sales and partner teams to qualify, develop, and execute campaigns to generate new business opportunities in EMEA.
• Manage regular pipeline reviews for the partner’s AWS related opportunities to ensure pipeline information is thorough and accurate according to AWS’ sales cycle stages.
• Broker internal resources, tools, references and/or investments needed to execute on the business plans in order to help meet the set goals.
A day in the life
No one day is the same, and not all partners are the same. The role requires flexibility and an ability to prioritise and adapt. On any given day you could be:
- working with Solution Architects to help a partner define and develop a new AWS-based service
- supporting partners in sales conversion processes with AWS customers
- working with partners to create and execute sales plays and marketing campaigns
- supporting partners in the development of sales enablement
- working with partners to enrol in AWS partner programs
- working with partners Executive Teams to define their co-sell strategy with AWS
About the team
Our direct team is spread across EMEA, but is a highly collaborative and collegiate team focused on driving success for our partners and ultimately our mutual end customers.
There is a broader community that you will be an integral part of, including the Startup sales organisation, end customer sales teams, Partner Solution Architects, Marketing, Program teams and Business Development functions across AWS
• Direct experience in strategic or product marketing covering GTM activities, partner management, and/or business development, product management
• Direct experience working with technology B2B ISVs
• Experience building or managing partner communities
• Verbal and written communication skills, in French and English, with experience articulating concepts to cross-functional audiences.
Candidates can be located from anywhere in EMEA bit with a preference for France or Stockholm, but the home office location can be flexible
• Motivated self-starter who thrives on working in complex and challenging environments of a rapidly evolving business
• Directly sold, supported, or marketed to clients and partners across different market segments in a Startup
• Analytical tendencies with a natural curiosity to measure, test, learn and iterate in order to develop scalable programs
• Strong project management skills with experience gaining consensus and driving timely deliverables with individuals inside and outside the organization
• Willing to travel to meet with partners, customers and internal stakeholders, attend events and support field teams on site
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.