Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you a developer who has hands-on experience with building cloud-native applications? Would you like to work with our customers to help them architect, develop and re-engineer applications to fully leverage the AWS Cloud?
Do you like to work on a variety of cutting edge, business-critical projects at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption?
AWS is looking for talented, hands-on technical architects and senior developers to help accelerate our growing Public Sector Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join AWS’s world-class technical team, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills at one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies. Here in Professional Services, we engage in a wide variety of business-critical, high-profile projects for customers and partners and help them better leverage the ever-evolving AWS platform.
Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
We are looking for hands-on architects/developers who are passionate about:
• Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services
• Architecting and developing customer applications to be cloud optimized
• Working as a technical leader alongside customer business, development and infrastructure teams
• Providing deep software development knowledge with respect cloud architecture, design patterns and programming
• Advising and implementing AWS best practices
• Working as both an infrastructure and application development specialist
• Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment
As a member of the AWS Professional Services team, you are joining a team that invests in your success by providing comprehensive learning and mentorship programs.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• 5+ years Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
• 2+ years experience in the design and provision of cloud technologies
• 2+ years experience with Canadian Federal and Provincial compliance and security standards and protected data classifications
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
• Security clearance with the Federal Government of Canada or an ability to qualify for it
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work and lead effectively across internal and external organizations
• Prior experience in a consulting role
• Demonstrated hands on experience building sophisticated cloud native applications
• Certification in AWS or other CSP
• Experience with revision control source code repositories
• Experience with seamless/automated build scripts used for release management across all environments
• Experience with automated testing tools
• Understanding of and experience with Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA and REST)
• Ability to be mobile and travel for projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.