Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Want to help build Amazon’s next generation of businesses? The Global Specialty Fulfillment team handles the most ambitious and challenging fulfillment problems. Our software helps enable Prime Now 1 hour delivery, Whole Foods delivery, Amazon Fresh delivery, and more.
Our team builds software that empower our program managers and operations managers to offer the most innovative of Amazon’s services, such as scheduled delivery, temperature-controlled goods, and white glove delivery service to name a few. Supply chain, warehouse management, and delivery operations is where the magic takes place at Amazon, transforming a “buy now” click on our website into an on-time delivery and a happy customer. We do this at lightning speed, thanks to the software that you’ll help us build. While Amazon is large, we operate like a start-up within Amazon, opting for smaller sprints and continuous deployments.
We’re looking for a full stack developer to guide our team in creating new applications that focus on process automation and process streamlining. This developer will lead the design and development of new systems that allow our business to continue to support community initiatives and scale globally. You’ll be the key technical stakeholder working with Product Managers and end-users to define world class tools. You can utilize the full breadth of AWS products and services to build scalable low-maintenance applications. You’ll own the decisions regarding the data store, application layer, and front-end. You will also build back-end services to help automate systems.
In this role you will …
• Help define the system architecture and help shape the user experience.
• Take responsibility for technical problem solving, creatively meeting product objectives, and developing best practices.
• Design and develop MVC based web applications.
• Build globally scoped applications
• Mentor and Collaborate with other developers
- Proficiency in a general purpose, modern back-end language (Ruby, Rails, Python, Java, etc.).- BS degree in Computer Science and 3+ years of industry experience developing web-based tools or a MS degree with 1 year experience or 2 years’ related Amazon experience.
- Knowledge of storage systems and SQL/NoSQL.
- 1+ years of Experience working with Charitable Organizations
- Proficiency in NoSQL Technologies.
- Experience with Linux/Unix.
- Knowledge of modern version control systems such as Git.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.