Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
This role will be responsible for a portfolio of programs and policies that advance creative placemaking in downtown Newark, helping to lead pedestrianization, beautification, and events/program activations that increase foot traffic, drive local spend, and attract entrepreneurs and small businesses. The role will also leverage existing efforts and capacities in our neighborhood and help seed ideas in other market places.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Audible launched The Global Center for Urban Development to advance its 14-year mission to accelerate Newark’s comeback through initiatives aimed at advancing equity, racial justice and economic empowerment. Designed to expand existing programs and invent new scalable and replicable models, the Center serves as a think-tank for innovative ideas to address social and economic inequities and actively catalyze societal change all of which creates measurable equity and resilient futures in the communities we work.
You are customer obsessed, focusing on current (and future) Newark residents, workers, students, and entrepreneurs and visitors and will study and draw inspiration from urban areas across the world to bring best-in-class programs and solutions to Newark. You have proven success in collaborating to generate measurable action, as well as experience in building and sustaining high-performing teams.
As a Director of Neighborhood Development Programs, you will…
- Be accountable for imagining, design, execution, operations, and continuous innovation of neighborhood activation programs in priority areas (including alleyways, vacant storefronts, and park).
- Launch 2.0 versions of Places App as a tourism experience with People & Places and Corporate Affairs.
- Launch a comprehensive offering of public events and programs that attract foot traffic and define our neighborhood.
- Be accountable for design, execution, operations, and continuous innovation of capital initiatives and beautification efforts.
- Lead the coordination (including with local residents and City of Newark officials) of 3-5 pedestrianization interventions such as Broad Street median, bike lanes or traffic direction changes.
- Launch and oversee several neighborhood programs.
- Be responsible for helping to launch a physical location for the attraction of entrepreneurs and startups with GCUD colleagues.
- With Public Policy responsible for devising state-wide policies that prioritize infrastructure, transportation, and real estate development.
- Develop, maintain, and nurture partnerships needed to deliver the roadmap, such as local residents and neighbors (universities, non-profits, community organizations and all levels of government).
- Leverage data and insights to deliver measurable economic impact results and continuously curate the Neighborhood Development roadmap.
- 10+ years of business experience in an operations or general management role.
- 5+ years of people management and project management experience.
- Degree preference: MPA, MBA, MUP, or a concentration in Economics, Community Development, Real Estate.
- Master’s degree.
- Proven performance record in building and developing high-performance teams.
- Strong product-driven mindset and proven experience in all aspects of a product/business launch.
- Ability to exercise influence without control and strong record of negotiation skills.
- Excel at building strong relationships.
- Persuasive in written and verbal communication.
- Strong use of insights and data-driven decision making.
- Willingness and ability to perform both strategic and tactical / operational tasks.
- Flexibility to adapt in an ever-changing environment.
- Experience working with businesses in an enterprise/B2B, startup, or other capacity.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We’re changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we’ve redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it’s our people who make Audible’s service possible. We’re listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.