Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Freight Inbound is building the technology that Amazon uses to load our fulfillment centers using freight movements with the products they need to delight our customers. Our charter is to optimize for cost-effective flow throughout the inbound network, lowering Amazon’s inbound cost and our selling partners’ cost to serve us while also providing Amazon with greater control, performance, and inbound visibility
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve technical problems, build innovative solutions, work with top notch software developers, delight our shippers, and help build a Billion dollar business – this might be the role for you.
What will you do?
You’ll design and develop systems and applications used by Amazon worldwide and will regularly interact with engineering and business leadership. You will participate in the planning and execution of technology projects and operational excellence initiatives. You’ll also mentor junior engineers in employing strong design and implementation practices.
To accomplish this, you will be expected to have an established background in building highly scalable systems and applications, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making that software achieve its operational goals. Experience with building and operating web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at massive scale, will be very applicable and helpful.
Inclusive Team Culture
We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we’ve been building.
A day in the life
Work with our Inbound business partners to create and extend solutions for our customers shipping needs.
Partner with our Research Science divisions to create, productionalize, and maintain the various Machine Learning models that we use to create predictive solutions.
Work closely with an agile team of engineers to design, develop, and deploy software.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in building web services and highly scalable applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.