Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Founded in 2009, Amazon Publishing is a leading publisher of trade fiction and nonfiction print, Kindle eBooks, and audiobooks. With offices in Seattle, New York, Grand Haven, London, Luxembourg, and Munich, our critically-acclaimed and bestselling authors come from around the world.
Amazon Publishing’s Operations team is looking for an experienced Salesforce Administrator & Developer to drive innovative new features and improvements across our global toolkit, creatively powering the art of publishing content in any language and format. Though this hybrid role is focused on technical design, development, configuration, administration, maintenance, and integration of Salesforce with other parts of our Operations toolkit.
A successful candidate will have experience in building complex, scalable, and high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers. In this role they will drive automation of processes, develop new applications, and manage the integrations to our various business systems for our Salesforce.com environment. This includes technical design, development, configuration, maintenance, administration, and integration with other Amazon databases/systems. They will have superb written and verbal communication skills to not only help develop new solutions with various team leaders and Product Management, but to assist with training and driving adoption of these features.
We seek to create a best-in-class publishing experience for our authors and ensure content/design quality for our readers, so a passion for storytelling in any form is essential.
This role can be based in Seattle, New York, or Grand Haven.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or related experience.
• 1-3 years of Salesforce development experience using Apex, Visualforce, Lightning component frameworks, triggers, batch apex and Salesforce APIs, including custom-built solutions.
• 1-3 years of experience in Salesforce point and click configuration using workflows, flows, validation rules, sales process setup, roles & profiles, reports and dashboards
• Salesforce Administrator Certification
• Salesforce Platform Developer Certification
• Experience with security concepts (authentication, authorization, encryption, digital signature, SSL, web service proxies, firewall, SAML 2.0, OAuth 2.0).
• Experience integrating with and configuring AppExchange products.
• Experience integrating Salesforce with other applications using REST and Other APIs
• Experience working with AWS Services and Python.
• Experience in writing business requirement documents.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
• Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers located worldwide.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.