Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Here at Amazon Web Services we’re looking for an exceptionally bright, experienced, energetic and self-motivated Executive Assistant to support multiple Directors within the Telco team.
This exciting role requires superior attention to detail, the ability to meet tight deadlines, great organizational skills, and the ability to juggle multiple critical requests across global teams and time zones. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is critical, as is a good sense of humour. As the successful candidate you will apply your many years of executive support experience to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, switch gears at a moment’s notice, and take effective action without having to know the complete picture.
The individual in this role must understand business priorities, demonstrate the ability to proactively anticipate needs and drive improvements to build capacity for the team. More broadly, your responsibilities will include management of complex calendar and scheduling requirements; acting as a liaison for team; driving key team activities (such as staff meeting agendas, space planning) and travel coordination. And we mustn’t forget – have fun at work and help others do the same. To be considered you must possess extensive experience assisting at the senior level in a fast-paced environment which has equipped you with the skills to “look around corners”; superior knowledge of Microsoft Suite as well as exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. We’re a fast-growing business and whilst the role will be demanding and we face new challenges every day, there is a strong sense of team. If this is the environment you excel in this could be the role for you.
Key job responsibilities
• Management of complex calendar and scheduling requirements across multiple time zones.
• Provide seamless support to senior leaders using prioritization of business activities.
• Travel coordination (both domestic and international).
• Manage expense report coordination and submission.
• Drive key team activities (such as staff meeting agendas, all hands meetings, supply ordering, and cyclical events such as annual planning sessions and performance reviews).
• Track and help drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items.
• Act as a liaison for direct reports.
• Management of team space, including moves and reconfigurations.
• Plan morale and team building traditions and activities to engender a strong organizational and team culture.
• Have fun at work and help others do the same!
• 5+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant
• Strong team player with a terrific work ethic and an ever-positive, flexible, get-it-done attitude.
• Excellent organization, planning, time management, and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task effectively and work in an ambiguous environment.
• Demonstrated ability to respond effectively to changing workloads and priorities.
• Experience assisting multiple people at the Senior or Executive level.
• Experience with domestic and/or international travel coordination.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Experienced with and enjoys working with diverse teams and cultures.
• Proactive individual who is able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to earn trust, handle confidential information with discretion and tact.
• Ability to quickly learn organizational structures, team objectives Amazon values and vision.
• Demonstrated project management skills with a creative approach to problem solving and event planning.
• Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to improve processes.
• Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.