Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Team: Amazon One is a fast, convenient, contactless way for people to use their palm to make everyday activities like paying at a store, presenting a loyalty card, entering a location like a stadium, or badging into work more effortless. The service is designed to be highly secure and uses custom-built algorithms and hardware to create a person’s unique palm signature. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, it uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earths’ most customer centric company and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
The Role: Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that’s more startup than big company. We’ll need to tackle problems that span a variety of domains: computer vision, image recognition, machine learning, real-time and distributed systems.
If you have expertise leading Computer Vision research teams and have a Ph.D, or an MS with at least 3 years of industry experience and have:
- the ability to recognize and champion new ideas and novel solutions;
- the insight to correctly identify paths worth exploring;
- the discipline to fast-fail when data refutes theory;
- and the fortitude to continue exploring until your solution is found
come join us invent the future and change the world.
- MS or PhD required in computer vision, machine learning, or related discipline
- 3+ years on industry research experience
- Publications in top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals
- Track record in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art
- Technical writing, verbal communication, and cross discipline collaboration skills
- Experience optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities. Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
- Experience with designing and building large-scale systems in a multi-tiered, distributed environment (Service Oriented Architecture).
- Project planning/execution skills including estimating and scheduling.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.