Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you want to be part of the revolution in grocery store shopping?
Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our Leadership Principles, which encourage colleagues to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn the trust of their co-workers. We believe that building a culture that is welcoming and inclusive is integral to people doing their best work and is essential to what we can achieve as a company. We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds to build a supportive and inclusive workplace. We take steps to ensure our colleagues have a sense of belonging, value, and opportunity. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits to all employees and we will support flexible work and part-time options wherever we can to suit your lifestyle. You can read more about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and the benefits we offer at aboutamazon.com
Who are we?
Interested in joining a new exciting venture? Curious to be at the heart of where innovation meets customer obsession? Recently launched in London, Amazon Fresh Stores is the first convenience grocery store to offer Just Walk Out Technology in the UK. Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out (JWO) Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from, or returned to the shelves, and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. We are looking for people who want to join an ambitious, innovative and customer obsessed program.
The Central Operations team are responsible for ensuring our stores and associates are working with safe, effective and efficient processes, supported by clearly defined SOPs. We apply process design and continuous improvement to our work in this space. We manage and schedule planned and emergent issues through our Change Management and Communications functions.
We are hiring for a Program Manager, Ops Integration, to deliver key projects and initiatives into our store portfolio.
Who are you?
As a Program Manager, Ops Integration, you are part of a central operations team that is entrepreneurial, diverse and highly collaborative. You are a hands-on leader and partner to stakeholders in our operations, working especially closely with both Product and Field Ops leaders. You are passionate about operational excellence and customer service, and are excited by the prospect of revolutionising physical grocery retail.
You possess strong attention to detail, the ability to quickly prioritize tasks, willingness to learn new things, and a commitment to delighting our customers. You readily deep-dive data to help make sound recommendations in an often ambiguous environment. You are extremely comfortable delivering multiple projects at once. You possess strong communication skills and the ability to influence change up to Director level.
You’ve consistently proven your ability to drive projects to completion; manage cost and risk; implement process improvements; and navigate and analyse data with high proficiency. You demonstrate a commitment to maintaining high standards, challenging with conviction and earning the trust of others, to keep pace with our growth and motivate others in a deadline-driven environment.
What will you be doing?
In a nutshell, managing and implementing new programs and key initiatives in Amazon Fresh Stores International!
You will actively engage with business teams on a wide range of projects to implement operational improvements and standardization, many of which will be of high strategic importance. These projects will vary greatly in topic, working with business functions such as Tech, Customer Service, Labor, Supply Chain, Instock, and more. You leverage your operations, supply chain, product, and/or business experience to think strategically and execute methodically by identifying gaps and driving solutions that scale globally, over time.
Key job elements:
• Scope, create and manage cross-functional project plans that drive results while maintaining alignment with internal stakeholders, most notably Product, Change Management and Field Operations.
• Operationalize new programs from conception to deployment:
• Design, standardize, simplify and improve processes (at Store, Field and Central Ops levels) to ensure successful, cost effective and continuous operations that can scale.
• Drive consistency through the use of time studies, process mapping, and lab testing.
• Develop and implement pilot tests and trials in live stores.
• Build mechanisms for process inspection in from the start, to deliver operational excellence and support continuous improvement after project rollouts.
• Partner closely with the Change and Continuous Improvement Program Managers in the Central Operations team, to ensure alignment on ownership and actions in a start-up environment where ambiguity and crossover are naturally occurring.
• Communicate and present strategic direction to all levels within the organization and senior leadership (up to Director level).
• Track and measure the realized savings and impacts of integrated projects, self-serving using BI services (e.g. Amazon Quicksight) to do so.
• Build internal tools and develop standards that enable the Central Ops team to scale.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field (e.g. Management, Business Administration, Operations/Supply Chain, Engineering) from an accredited university, or 5+ years of equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of experience working in Program/ Product Management – identifying tasks/milestones/stakeholders, creating/owning project plans, initiating/executing work orders, influencing stakeholders, issue identification/resolution, communicating metrics/status updates.
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects on tight deadlines.
• Experience leading process design and improvements through Lean, Kaizen and Six Sigma.
• Self-serve proficiency with Business Intelligence Services (e.g. Tableau; Amazon Quicksight; SAP Business Objects).
• Position requires regular travel to Amazon Fresh Stores in the UK (London), as determined by the given phase of the program.
• 5+ years of strong quantitative and qualitative experience in Operations, Logistics/Supply Chain, Engineering or Business Management.
• Experience of Product Management (Product Manager / Owner).
• Experience of physical retail, with experience of grocery/food retail a particular advantage.
• Strong business and financial acumen with data extraction, analytical and problem solving skills; ability to work with large, complex data sets and familiarity with statistics or other analytical techniques.
• Bilingual or multilingual (English, German, Spanish, Italian, French).
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.