- Senior Software Development Engineer - Amazon International Technology Expansion - Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- CMO at BOAS - a sustainable international marketplace (Think the superhero version of Amazon) donating all profits to save kids’ lives (Amsterdam, hybrid or remote) - Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Product Manager - Technical , Ring Europe - Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Data Center Technician - EDGE - Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Security Program Manager, Non-traditional Environment (NTE) Data Center Security - Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Would you like to lead a team driving strategic and technical implementations of Data, Analytics and Machine Learning solutions at our most important customers? Do you think big about how data can change the world, and love building software? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use cloud computing services to build new solutions, faster, and at lower cost?
The AWS Data Lab team works directly with customers on game-changing projects that directly impact their ability to iterate and get to production quickly. As the Manager of Data Lab Solutions Architects for the AWS Data Lab in EMEA, you’ll partner with technology and business teams to build new services that will delight customers and drive revenue growth. Your team will be working with customers to build their first Data Lake or ML Ops solution in the cloud, perform heterogeneous migrations, or use many of our other data centric services in real world solutions.
We’re looking for a top manager to lead a team of solutions architects to design, evangelise, and architect state-of-the-art solutions for our customers. The successful candidate must have great people technical, management, mentoring, and hiring skills. As well as running some Labs yourself, you will assess the strengths of your team members, guide them in setting, achieving, and surpassing their goals, and help them to develop professionally to the next level of excellence. You will do all that while yourself maintaining an active personal engagement in the same kind of work at the same kind of high level that you expect from your team.
The successful candidate will possess both technical and customer-facing skills that will allow you to be the technical “face” of AWS within our solution providers’ ecosystem/environment as well as directly to end customers. You will be able to drive discussions with senior technical and management personnel within customers and partners, as well as the technical background that enables them to interact with and give guidance to solution architects, data scientists, software developers, and IT pros. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. Finally, and of critical importance, the candidate will be an excellent technical team manager, someone who knows how to hire, develop, and retain high quality technical talent.
Key job responsibilities
Lead a world class team, including hiring and providing career guidance and mentoring
Run Data Labs by interacting with customers directly to understand the business problem and help guide them in their adoption of AWS
Work closely with account teams to close and product engineering teams
Drive new business and product initiatives, championing ideas that move our business forward
Employ a data driven approach to ensuring the success and outcomes of our Data Lab engagements
A day in the life
You will run a small number of Design and Build Data Labs so that you have the experience to successfully lead your team.
You will handle day to day management activities for your team such as recruitment, goal setting, mentoring and lab support.
You will support Business Development work to grow the Data Lab business across the EMEA region.
About the team
Our team of Data Lab Architects is spread across EMEA (UK, Spain, Sweden and Germany) and we will hire the right talent from any location across the region, reflecting the locations of our customers.
- Management experience with small or mid-sized technical teams, and a positive and mentoring management style suitable for hiring and retaining the best talent. Experience hiring and managing a team of top-notch technologists.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organisations and virtual teams.
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing seven or more years of Machine Learning and/or Analytics Systems development and deployment experience, IT systems and engineering experience, security and compliance experience, etc.
- Possess significant experience of software development and/or IT and implementation/consulting experience.
- Ability to think understand complex business requirements and render them as prototype systems with quick turnaround time.
- Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups.
- Knowledge of foundation infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimisation.
- AWS Certification, eg. AWS Solutions Architect, Developer, or AWS Certified Machine Learning – Specialty
- Hands on experience leading large-scale big data and analytics projects.
- Hands on experience as a database, data warehouse, big data/analytics developer or administrator, or work as a data scientist.
- Hands on experience architecting, deploying and maintaining production machine learning systems.
- Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of Big Data processing, Data Sciences and Machine Learning.
- Deep understanding of data, application, server, and network security
- Experience with Statistics, Machine Learning and Predictive Modelling.
- Working knowledge of modern software development practices and technologies such as agile methodologies and DevOps/MLOps.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.