Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon’s Sub-Same-Day Supply Chain team is looking for a seasoned data professional with a passion for delivering insightful and influential solutions to challenging and ambiguous problems. A practiced analyst, who uses data engineering, statistics, data visualization, and data science to influence decision making in cross-functional teams. We are seeking an individual who can think holistically through compound problems to understand how systems work together to define and execute projects which drive improvements within our sub-same-day operation and supply chain.
Key job responsibilities
You will work cross-functionally with Product, Supply Chain Optimization and Delivery Experience teams throughout the organization to pave the roadmap for our sub-same-day supply chain long term retail strategy. We In this role, you will use a combination of unified and disparate data sources to uncover insights delivered through decision-driving analytics white-papers and automated data visualizations to influence the development and deployment for our retail supply chain strategy. You will collaborate with Data Scientists, Product Managers and Program Managers to define and deliver the benchmarking strategy to drive operational efficiency and scale.
A day in the life
• Engage with leadership and diversified customer groups to understand the needs and recommend business intelligence solutions.
• Partner with Data engineering team and Supply Chain Optimization team to define the data elements and data structure that the team should leverage to enable capabilities.
• Design, implement, and support platforms that provide business teams ad-hoc access to large datasets
• Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
• Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, and strategies to improve the operational and quality metrics.
About the team
Amazon’s Sub-Same Day (SSD) delivery program is designed to get customers their items as fast as possible currently in as quickly as five hours. With ultra-fast delivery becoming increasingly important, we are looking for an experienced Sr. BIE to help us benchmark against industry standards to uncover insights to improve and optimize the long term supply chain strategy for Amazons Sub-Same-Day business.
• Minimum of 10 years of industry experience
• Programming skills to extract, transform, and clean large (multi-TB) data sets
• Experience in scripting for automation (e.g. Python) and advanced SQL skills.
• 5+ years of SQL experience
• Experience with theory and practice of information retrieval, data science, machine learning and data mining
• Experience in theory and practice of Design of Experiments and statistical analysis of results
• Master’s degree in quantitative field (Data Science, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent)
• 6+ years of relevant experience in areas such as data analytics, data science, data modeling, and statistical analysis and modeling
• Advanced knowledge in scripting with R/Python for statistical analysis
• Knowledge in writing and optimizing SQL to handle extremely large datasets
• Experience using test / control methodology, and using machine learning techniques
• Ability to consume and manipulate large data sets to build streamlined research and have the ability to articulate its business impact
• Experienced with data visualization using Tableau or similar BI tools to create end-to-end dashboard solutions and reports which effectively convey results to a wide range of users.
8+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst, data scientist, or statistical analysis role
• Understanding of data warehousing and data modeling
• Experience with financial analytics and understanding of project payback models in a business context.
• Proven problem-solving skills, project management skills, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills
• Knowledge in building advanced visualizations in Tableau
• Proven track record of taking end-to-end ownership and driving results; demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects – work prioritization, planning, task delegation, and coordination across functional teams
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with both business, leadership, and technical teams
• Ability to deal with ambiguity, complexity, and competing objectives in a fast-paced environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.