Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to support the Retail Business Development and Tools (BDT) organisation across Europe. This role is based out of Luxembourg however, we are also open to the possibility of other locations across our EU base (London, Paris, Milan, Madrid and Munich).
The role supports our vision on driving innovation (short term and long term) for processes spanning the full recruitment and on-boarding funnel, streamlining and scaling the way we support our vendors, in addition to our vendor managers. Specifically, you will be responsible for defining our new strategy of managing and supporting our vendors at scale and executing on that vision with our partner teams (offshore, product, business etc).
In this role, you will be responsible for defining productivity goals for the program, aligning them with key stakeholders across the various business units, developing trajectories, monitoring performance vs. plan and taking action in case of deviations. You will build and design the mechanisms to keep productivity under control, ensuring that initiatives driving productivity convert into an increase in efficiencies, while also ensuring that the teams delivering the service remain appropriately staffed.
We are looking for a leader who can help solve strategic business problems in a scalable way, in a continuously changing environment. The ideal candidate has good business judgment, experience in managing many stakeholders on complex topics, an ability to influence cross-functional teams, and a record of accomplishment of delivering results. This person will have strong analytical and deep dive capabilities, including experience handling large and complex data sets as well as understanding the inputs, which will drive goals. The position requires an individual who can work autonomously on complex and ambiguous topics, prioritizing effectively.
Key job responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Lead the long-term strategy/vision creation for the program by working with different MVR stakeholders.
- Drive program objectives provide program management and define project plans, manage implementation activities, and develop processes, documentation, product roadmap and communications for program/process rollout and ongoing support.
- Scale services and tools design simple models, processes and procedures that scale with the business’ growth in volume, complexity, and global geographic dispersion.
- Manages significantly complex and important initiatives that resolve critical and/or endemic challenges to the business. Identifies risks/opportunities in strategies and/or org structure(s).
- Work with business intelligence and data engineers to design and develop weekly tracking mechanisms and enhance tools and mechanisms.
- Work cross functionally across our European consumer business
- Perform deep-dives to find the root causes behind variances of key parameters over a given time-period.
About the team
In EU Retail Business Development and Tools organization we pioneer for EU Retail and Amazon end-customers, with the vision to drive efficiency, through building centralized teams, supported with comprehensive SOPs and automated tools that enables the team to sign, launch and manage vendors at EU8 scale to drive profitable growth. Our work hard so our vendors will have smart real time tools, technology, and automation at their disposal, enabling them to auto-resolve their business issues, unlock their growth potential while being supported by team of vendor, account managers and RBS team enabling a) retail vendor recruitment, b) manage VSP vendor base c) own incremental retail T1 initiatives.
- BS or BA in computer science, engineering, math, finance, or economics
- Several years of product/program management or consulting experience in technology focused business
- Team orientation and willingness to roll up sleeves to solve complex, dynamic challenges
- Strong relationship building skills; experience leading stakeholders and partners to drive cross functional programs
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with different functional groups, developers and business owners
- Proficient knowledge of SQL to independently lead deep dives and deliver insights
- Excellent analytical skills, and the ability to derive actionable insights from large amounts of data
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. At ease when dealing with senior management.
- Strong bias for action, able to juggle multiple priorities and excel in a lean work environment.
- Able to understand technical issues and their implications
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with track record for delivering results in dynamic and demanding environments
- Advanced Knowledge of SQL
- Experience with cost cutting, productivity management, finance
- Retail, or vendor management experience
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.