Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The FastTrack team builds distributed services and Big Data platforms to understand core customer experiences and drive experience improvements across Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) and beyond. At Amazon, decisions start and end with the customer. This mindset has led the SCOT organization to build innovative technical solutions to drive Amazon’s supply chain and make products customers want available as quickly as possible. With a supply chain as complex as Amazon, the smallest of changes can have a profound impact on the end customer experience. This position can be hired in a number of cities across North America and possibly in a remote capacity
We’re looking for software engineers to define, design, and build the next generation solution for how Amazon measures and understands our customer’s experience. In this job you will apply core software engineering skills on a daily basis. In this role expect to:
- Work with business partners to understand customer requirements and design new products which must scale to handle high volume and large data sets; you will own these products through all stages of the SDLC.
- Utilizing object-oriented software design to program large-scale systems, leveraging design patterns to write maintainable code.
- Apply software development best practices in terms of quality and security.
- Work with AWS technologies such as EMR, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, SQS, and more.
- Experiment and explore new technologies to create innovative solutions.
At Amazon you can take your skills to scale as you innovate on and expand these distributed systems. You will be applying core software engineering skills daily such as coding in Java or Scala, OO and systems design, machine learning, and problem solving while utilizing advanced algorithmic and analytical skills. You will also be heavily involved in a multitude of diverse technologies and software engineering models that are used in Service Oriented Architecture. You’ll benefit from being part of a fun culture and the ability to learn from so many smart people around the entire company.
This opportunity is perfect for highly motivated and talented software engineers who want to apply and grow their technical depth and breadth while defining and driving key aspects of the customer experience on Amazon.com.
Our team is geographically diverse, so this role has flexibility in terms of being based out of Amazon offices in Austin, TX or fully remote.
Watch this video for more on SCOT: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, with 5+ years professional experience in software development
- Expertise in computer science fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Direct proficiency with JVM languages such as or Scala
- Experience with Spark, EMR, and related technologies
- Experience with Linux-based systems
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/service development
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.