Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you want to be part of a new engineering team that is building from the ground up at Amazon? Can you commit to building a new service with a high level of integrity and discretion in handling sensitive information? Do you have a passion for bringing the best experience to our customers?
In this team you will have the opportunity to:
- Solve challenging problems at significant scale
- Work on an innovative service that’s still in its beginning stages
- Be an actively contributing member of an agile development team, and have a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of a mission critical project
- Work in a start-up environment with the backing of a strong corporate support culture within Amazon
We are looking for software developers with expertise and passion for building large scale distributed systems and services. In this role, you will have responsibility for:
- Building functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Coding and testing complex system components
- Participating in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
- Mentoring other engineers, defining our challenging technical culture, and helping to build a new fast-growing team
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline OR a Bachelors degree in unrelated technical discipline with a 1+ year intensive training program in computer science
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience working within either agile or traditional waterfall software development lifecycles
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, or Java
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Write high quality code that is robust and easy to maintain
- Possess good communication skills and sharp analytical abilities
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//