Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Fashion is seeking a hands-on product obsessed, strategic, and innovative product development leader to shape, develop, and execute the product direction for The Drop and our fashion forward brands. The Head of Product Development will lead the product design vision and strategy in partnership with internal Amazon Fashion teams and external partners to support exponential growth and innovation on behalf of customers.
As the Head of Product Development, you bring bar raising fashion product development ability to ensure we meet the bar on trend aesthetic and customer loved product. You will be responsible for leading end-to-end product development for The Drop, leveraging design teams and meeting merchandising requirements. You will be responsible for executing all phases of product development, including CAD development, pattern creation, and fabric selection. You must have an industry proven track record with a design eye for trend, while demonstrating bar raising problem solving, communication skills, and collaboration.
A day in the life
1. Collaborate on the seasonal trend deck developed by our Head of Creative.
2. Work with suppliers to develop the designs/CADs, patterns and colorways to reflect each trend and design module, providing feedback to external design teams.
3. Present the designs/CAD modules to our merchandising and brand management teams to align on allocation among The Drop’s brands and collections.
4. Led the development of selected CADs, owning fabric, trim, lab dip approvals, and all other product development decisions.
5. Review samples and collaborate with technical apparel designers on fit to ensure we create bar raising, customer loved product.
6. Provide consultation on the development of made-on-demand influencer designed-collections, where appropriate.
About the team
The Drop is an Amazon Fashion program that is the destination of choice to discover on-trend fashion on Amazon. The Drop partners with influencers to develop limited edition, made-on-demand fashion collections supported by evergreen on-trend staples that are styles that should be in every closet. We continue to focus on innovation in our design and production model to raise the bar for customers seeking on-trend, accessible fashion.
1. Single threaded owner for end-to-end product development for The Drop brand (evergreen staples and made-on-demand influencer collections).
2. Partner with the Head of Creative on the development of the brand’s trend modules, working with suppliers to develop designs/CADs for trends.
3. Collaborate with cross functional partners and leaders (e.g., planning, merchandising, sourcing, fit) to develop and launch bar-raising product to delight customers while meeting profitability goals.
4. Own fabric, trim, lap dip, and other product development decisions and approvals.
5. Establish a raw material and pattern library, working with merchandising and sourcing to develop styles to test and react.
6. Lead key product development milestone events to ideate, develop and execute product vision.
7. Provide leadership with guidance in product development strategic direction.
8. Adhere to seasonal time and action calendars to ensure we meet delivery deadlines.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• 6+ years of experience in fashion product development.
• Passion for fashion industry, cultural trends, and a high taste level.
• Experience working across apparel and accessories categories, including color and design.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving business performance in the fashion industry through hands-on expertise.
• Excellent at setting priorities, fostering cohesion, collaboration and inspiring cross functional teams.
• Able to use data and judgement to solve problems with effective solutions.
• Demonstrate ability to navigate ambiguity and complexity with design, merchandising, planning and technical teams.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Background in or experience with fashion design.
• Technical knowledge of manufacturing, global supply chain and regulatory requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to launch and scale new businesses in an entrepreneurial environment.
• Strong analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, Adobe software, and PLM.
• Ecommerce retail experience