Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Customer Trust & Partner Support (CTPS) is responsible for creating a trustworthy shopping experience across Amazon stores worldwide by protecting customers, brands, selling partners and Amazon from fraud, counterfeit, and abuse as well as empowering, providing worldclass support, and building loyalty with Amazon’s millions of selling partners. We value individual expression, respect different opinions, and work together to create a culture where each of us is able to contribute fully. Our unique backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our ability to achieve Amazon’s mission of being Earth’s most customer-centric company.
At Amazon, our goal is to be earth’s most customer-centric company and to create a safe environment for both our Customers and our associates. To achieve that, we need exceptionally talented, bright, dynamic, and driven people. If you’d like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for a talented business analyst to join the newly formed Community Trust (CT) Incident Management team.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Have you ever purchased a product on Amazon without checking the product’s star rating and customer reviews? Every day, millions of Amazon customers read Customer Reviews to decide whether to buy a product. If you are interested in protecting the integrity of one of the top factors that influence Customers’ purchase decisions, come join the Community Trust team to help prevent abuse in Customer Reviews and Star Ratings.
The Community Trust (CT) team protects Amazon’s Community features (e.g., Customer Reviews, Questions & Answers) from abuse. This is a strategic area of investment for Amazon and the work we do is of paramount importance in preserving the trust customers have in the Amazon brand. Our environment is fast-paced and highly ambiguous as we continuously work to stay one-step ahead of bad actors and protect customers from their violations.
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join the Community Trust (CT) Incident Management (IM) team, the team responsible for mitigating and resolving critical, and high impact global events and escalations. By using escalations as the ground source of truth for customer pain points and Amazon business risks, the BA uses insights gathered for process improvement both within the IM team and broader organization, and to drive action and decision making across the business.
As a Business Analyst, you will focus on improving the success within business functions by analyzing data, discovering and solving real world problems, building metrics and business cases to improve customer experience, and providing timely data support for escalations to mitigate risk. We are focused on your success and want to build future leaders within Amazon. A key component of the role is to identify process and system improvement opportunities by developing the right metrics, analyzing data, and partnering with internal teams. In addition, you will design and develop automated reporting solutions to enable stakeholders to manage the business and make effective decisions. You will also enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
This role requires an individual with excellent statistical and analytical abilities, deep knowledge of business intelligence solutions and outstanding business acumen. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and driven by a desire to innovate in this space.
• Creating automated reports and dashboards with a combination of BI tools such as Tableau
• Partnering with program team, Legal, and Tech stakeholders to understand challenges and provide /analysis to help drive program success
• Providing data support for business and cross-functional partners to address escalations and answer questions using PostgreSQL and AWS solutions
• Uncovering trends and correlations through mining and analysis to develop insights that can help stakeholders to make effective decisions
• Designing and executing analytical projects using statistical analysis
• BA/BS in Business, Computer Science, Finance or related field
• 3+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analyst role
• Experience defining requirements and using data and metrics to draw business insights, create requirements documents and process workflows
• Experience making business recommendations and influencing stakeholders
• Proficiency in SQL and advanced proficiency in Excel (including VBA, Pivot Tables, array functions, Power Pivots, etc.)
• Prior experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting as well as with data visualization (Tableau, QuikSight, Power BI)
• Proven analytical problem-solving skills in a complex space, attention to detail, and exceptional communication & organizational skills
• Ability to manage a broad range of tasks and a track record of efficiently meeting deadlines
• An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced, ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
• Ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
• Ability to dive deep and demonstrate attention to detail
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Project management and execution under hard deadlines
• Proven problem-solving skills and sound judgement with regard to unstructured, uncertain problems
• 5+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analyst role
• Advanced technical or business degree (MS or MBA)
• Prior experience in analytic modeling and advanced ability to draw insights from analysis supported by data
• Proven ability to clearly communicate insights and influence buy-in to stakeholders & senior leaders
• Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete data
• Proficiency in 1+ programming language (Python, R, etc.)
• Advanced working knowledge of data mining using, ETL, data warehouse
• Experience using AWS analytical services (e.g., Redshift, Data Pipeline, EMR, Machine Learning, Kinesis)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.