Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Providing a scalable platform to support AWS’ expanding business is a complex architectural challenge, and accurate cost and usage information is a critical piece. Enterprise-level customers make large dollar-value decisions based on the timeliness, accuracy, and detail of the data provided by our products.
We manage a petabyte scale service with a cell-based query system. We focus on four KPIs: data size, query latency, query availability, and cost for our service. Our team’s mission is to optimize along these four dimensions while growing to support three orders of magnitude larger customer data sets from 2 billion to 1 trillion usage records.
Key job responsibilities
• Collaborate in the design, implementation, and deployment of successful internet-scale systems and services in support of our commerce operations and the businesses they support.
• Help define our secure, scalable, distributed and event-driven systems.
• Work with extraordinary teams delivering demanding projects.
• Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
• Understand system inter-dependencies and limitations.
• Share your knowledge of the most effective performance, scalability, architecture, and engineering patterns and methods.
About the team
The team believes in a strong culture of collaboration and not cutting corners when it comes to security and operations. As a member of the team, you will research problems, propose solutions, define execution delivery plans, write code, define how to monitor the solution, and release the code.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
. 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
. Experience with Elasticsearch or Opensearch
• Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop or Spark.
• Masters degree, coursework or thesis in query systems or large data systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.