Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
We are looking for a motivated Business Intelligence Engineer to play a pivotal role in shaping Amazon’s 3P business including Seller and Brands recruitment, development, and monetization strategies.
Key job responsibilities
As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you will work with our Finance team and partner with the business to create automated and scalable analytical tools that will ultimately be critical in driving the growth and profitability of the business. This includes building the infrastructure for regular reporting on business performance, building insights into various pricing related programs, and deep diving the assumptions behind each program to test our initial hypotheses and assumptions. You will leverage the data to provide key data-driven insights, enable new opportunities, and innovate on behalf of our business customers.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Owning the core reporting infrastructure and ensuring accuracy, integrity, and reliability
• Generating actionable insights through the development of metrics, dashboards and deep dive analyses
• Lead ambiguous ad-hoc business deep dive analyses and present findings to senior leadership
• Serving as a technical, business-metrics specialist and insight provider in the organization
• Acting as a key interface between our business customers and finance divisions
A day in the life
As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you will deep dive into ambiguous and complex business issues, and deliver insights to senior business and finance leaders. You will also develop new metrics and reporting dashboards to enable the business self-serve data needs.
About the team
Finance is all about the numbers…unless you work at Amazon. We help others understand finance and are trusted advisors for every facet of data and communication to ensure our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help make the best possible decisions. In this role, you will support three broad areas of our 3P business – New Seller Success (recruiting and growing new sellers), Brands (launching strategic brands and helping sellers scale their business), and Fees (pricing our services).
• BS in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Finance, or other quantitative field
• 4+ years of relevant work experience in data science, business analytics, business intelligence (BI), or comparable experience in big data environments
• 3+ years of experience in data mining and dataset preparation using SQL
• 3+ years of experience in data visualization tools like Quicksight or Tableau
• Experience in designing and building data infrastructure and automated reporting tools
• Masters in Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Business, Finance, Operations Research or other quantitative field
• Proven experience in BI/DW as a change leader providing strategic research, recommendations, and implementation in both business and technical roles
• Familiarity with Amazon’s cloud infrastructure including Redshift, EC2, etc.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.