Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
“Huddles” is the name of our team. Our aim is to delight customers across Amazon by connecting them through chat with Amazon businesses, friends and families throughout their Amazon experience. We do this by providing a chat/messaging platform that can be easily integrated to different services within Amazon. Currently, our platform powers the chat for every day customer experiences such as Prime Video Watch Parties, Delivery driver to customer chat experience, Amazon Live chat and the chat available on shared Lists.
As a part of our team you will have the chance to be creative, proposing both new features and the technical solution to build them. Our team owns the complete full stack which gives you the opportunity to tackle front-end rendering challenges, the underlying data models and back-end processing capability. If you would love ownership of a complete product, opportunity to develop new customer interactions and be part of building a world class chat platform, then come talk to us. If you love front-end development or are committed to developing those skills then we are really excited to hear from you.
As a front end engineer in our team you will have the opportunity to own and build chat experience for everyday customers. We have requirements to provide chat front-end for mshop, web and other client applications. You will have flexibility to drive changes to our front-end architecture, framework and be able to work with UX design in bringing in new features. Since we own the full product if you would also love to expand your skills in non-front end areas there will be ample opportunities available to you grow.
Successful candidates need to be creative, innovative, flexible, self-directed, able to design and write reliable, maintainable and high-performance code. You must be able to deal with ambiguity, make data-driven decisions, multi-task and deal with complexity. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment and like the idea of working autonomously, this is the career opportunity for you.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
• 2+ years of professional front-end development.
• Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
• Experience building front-end features that have been successfully delivered to customers for mobile applications.
• Experience building reusable UX components or libraries
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Experience in front-end development with React Native.
• Experience with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us