Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
We’re seeking a Sr. Technical Program Manager to join our startup team in one of the most strategic and customer-centric parts of Amazon. The Risk Analytics & Insights (RAI) team is revolutionizing how teams in Amazon (including AWS, Alexa, Healthcare, Sustainability) earn and protect the trust of millions of customers worldwide. This is a unique opportunity to join an entrepreneurial team of highly motivated and collaborative engineers, scientists, economists, product managers, designers, and risk managers. We are growing fast and our people are growing with us.
As a Sr. Technical Program Manager, you will manage complex cross-functional programs through their entire lifecycle. You will balance customer and business needs with technical constraints, anticipating bottlenecks, making tradeoffs, prioritizing, and escalating when needed. You will be accountable for developing a technical strategy and implementing it. You will work with scientists, engineers, and product managers to design, implement, and deliver new products and features within RAI. You will be key to providing long-term perspective and context (past, current, and future) for our business and technology decisions.
To be successful in this role, you will need a strong understanding of computer science and a passion to make a profound customer impact. You will need to be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, have a strong ability to dive deep to understand complex problems and learn new technologies, have a deep sense of ownership, and possess creative and analytical problem solving skills to make high-judgment technical decisions in fast-paced and high-pressure situations.
Additional locations for this role include Amazon offices in NYC and the Bay Area.
Key job responsibilities
• Lead complex and innovative technical projects from ideation to delivery
• Collect and document business and system requirements needed to deliver our products successfully
• Create detailed technical plans with milestones, dates, and clear and measurable success criteria
• Participate in technical discussions with engineering and science teams, ask probing questions, and make recommendations on the technical solutions
• Negotiate features and release timelines between internal teams to maximize the benefit to Amazon and our customers
• Organize and lead regular project and team meetings to help technical teams focus on program milestones, track status, and unblock technical issues
• Drive project execution, make technical trade-offs, prioritize, track and resolve blocking issues to ensure that software delivery meets the schedule, cost, and quality requirements
• Communicate across all levels of leadership about our technology strategy, prioritization, and results
• Leverage your technical expertise to accelerate engineering and science teams and promote technical innovation
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• 6+ years of program management, software product delivery, or related experience
• Master’s Degree or advanced professional certifications
• Experience leading, reviewing, and contributing to technical designs and strategies
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
• Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules
• Experience making and communicating technology and business trade-offs using high technical judgement
• Experience engaging and influencing senior leaders and business stakeholders using strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with Machine Learning products or projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.