Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Would you like to join us to shape the future of the video entertainment industry? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Amazon’s Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies – all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel, renew at anytime and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business – available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
Key job responsibilities
You will work as member of an Agile team, launching and growing new initiatives for Amazon’s global business. As a full-stack engineer, you will be involved in every aspect of the Software Development Lifecycle from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to development and deployment across a variety of technologies which will give you a real sense of ownership. You will build systems which meet high standards of performance and reliability and operate at massive scale.
A day in the life
Amazon is a place where builders can build. We’re looking for engineers who can delight customers by continually learning and inventing. From day one, you’ll be working with experienced engineers, designers and applied scientists who love what they do.
About the team
As part of the Prime Video Subscriptions Acquisition team you will build the best-in-class experience to delight our customers through a wide range of subscriptions offers, such as Prime, HBO, Starz, Showtime, sporting channels including the NBA, MLB, Eurosport, Ligue 1, and many more to come. You will build features that help customers discover subscriptions benefits easily for web, mobile and living room devices, in over 240 locales worldwide. We own mission critical services powering the video subscriptions publishing and vending platform that presents to our customers the most relevant and engaging offers and promotions in the market. We are also responsible for building and launching entirely new and innovative subscription experiences that will delight our customers.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science related fields OR equivalent experience in software development
- Hands-on expertise in diverse technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
- OS fundamentals and systems architecture.
- Experience with front-end frameworks like React using TypeScript.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience building systems of scale
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.