Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you interested in sharing your cloud domain expertise and spreading your passion for these technologies? Amazon Web Services (AWS) Training and Certification Curriculum team is looking for Cloud Technologist (Technical Curriculum Developer).
Customers are rapidly adopting AWS as a way to build scalable and cost-effective web and IT solutions for their businesses. To do that effectively, they need training to help build their technical skills and develop proficiency with AWS. We are developing highly technical digital eLearning, instructor-led training, and hands-on labs that get customers deep into AWS technologies. In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn as you build training, and get to play at the same time!
The Cloud Technologist will have excellent writing skills, healthy technical domain expertise, and the ability to translate technical content into easy-to-understand learning. Additionally, our ideal candidates will have training or technical documentation experience, and above all, a passion for learning.
** This position may be located in an area other than Seattle, but candidates must be based near an AWS office location (Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, East Palo Alto, Herndon, New York City, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Francisco, Santa Monica, Seattle, or Tempe)
- Dive deep into AWS technologies and solutions, covering domains such as Big Data, Web Applications, Security, Networking, High Performance Computing, Storage, Databases, Enterprise Applications, Migration Strategies and other solution areas, to understand the services and develop effective training for our AWS customers.
- Work across teams at AWS to understand training needs and collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (including Developers, Support Engineers, Professional Services consultants and Solutions Architects) to build technical training.
- Build relationships with AWS service teams to understand roadmaps and plan for content updates or new training offerings
- Respond to changes in products/features by revising content at the pace of innovation
- Facilitate requirements gathering meetings with curriculum stakeholders to define the appropriate learning objectives, modalities and expectations
- Make things happen! Whether you’re building relationships with service teams to shape content, or facilitating requirements gathering sessions to define innovations on how training is absorbed, you’ll be a key influencer on how AWS educates customers on services and features.
About the team
As cloud technologies continue to transform businesses, skilled individuals are in high demand. At AWS Training and Certification (T&C), we are passionate about revolutionizing the way people advance their cloud skills and careers. We equip diverse builders of today and tomorrow with the knowledge they need to leverage the power of the AWS Cloud. Join our dynamic, fast-growing team and help us empower our customers to build cloud skills.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded employee and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 5+ yrs. experience developing technical training material
- 5+ yrs. domain expertise in one or more of the following: Big Data, DevOps, Security, Systems Administration, software development, cloud technology
- Technical degree (e.g. Computer Science) or 6 yrs. relevant work experience in technical industry required
- Travel required for course production, events, team and group meetings (10-25%)
- Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with AWS infrastructure services highly desired
- Current AWS Certification (Solutions Architect, SysOps Administrator, Developer)
- 5+ years of experience in programming, systems architecture or systems administration
- Professional experience architecting systems built with Amazon Web Services
- A demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- A demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $100k – 160k per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.