Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you like Alexa? Do you have a passions for cars? Alexa Automotive is looking for exceptional software development engineers who like working in a startup environment and would like to work on enabling Alexa the voice service behind Amazon Echo in automobiles. The team focusses to build seamless experiences for customers with Alexa in the car.
As an experienced Software Development Engineer, you would be technical leader in the team. You will be working with business partners, software development engineers, testers and UI/UX designers to design, implement, test, launch, document, and maintain complex software applications, tools, and systems. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product. You will learn a variety of cutting-edge technologies and mobile development processes, and develop well-rounded skills such as polyglot programming, leadership, and effective project management. You will have several opportunities to interact with Principal and Senior engineers and be mentored by them. You will also mentor junior software development engineers.
Responsibilities include understanding customer use cases, diving deep into the software development, and developing QA approaches to measure confidence in the product. You will work directly with development teams, test automation engineers, and peer QA teams to improve our software development process and to identify and create tools that our group and Amazon in general need for advancing our testing efforts.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
-Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience with scalable distributed systems and service oriented architectures
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Knowledge of system performance and operational readiness monitoring
- Self-directed, demonstrate leadership potential and a team player
- Excellent written communication skills and verbal agility
- Driven to provide the best customer experience via technology
- Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
- Experience with the Linux operating system environment
- Experience in technical leadership and mentorship on software engineering teams
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.