Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The EU Transparency team is a start-up team within Amazon that will be responsible for launching and establishing the Transparency service for consumer brands in EU. The role will own building strategy for the function, interface with EU Sales and business leaders, work closely with product teams to drive product development that matter to our Sellers, and own delivering results through an extended team of Account Managers. The successful candidate will have to thrive in an ambiguous environment, be able to think big to build/contribute to multi-year business strategies, be able to influence and work with multiple internal teams, and develop processes and mechanisms that are scalable, and improve Seller Experience. Further, the ideal candidate is a business owner who understands the key levers to drive business growth and can operationalize those levers across their team. They have a passion for people leadership and are at their best when they’re building, developing and managing high-performing teams.
Since this is a relatively new space for Amazon, and an emerging industry, you will be dealing with some ambiguity and convincing brands to become early adopters of our service. As a strategic contributor to the Transparency team, you will have the opportunity to dramatically accelerate adoption of Transparency by applying sound sales practices, inventing and simplifying job functions, and training your peers on best practices for efficiency.
Key job responsibilities
Business planning and leadership:
• Owns business planning, goal development, and building strategy for the function. Modeling, and forecasting business metrics for the purpose of making strategic decisions to grow Seller business
• Analyze Seller and program performance trends, diagnose root cause of performance and create actionable plans for operational improvements
• Establish partnerships with internal sales team leaders across EU.
• Act as a thought leader in defining success criteria and understand business needs of Selling Partners in an ever-changing business environment. Contributes to and leads strategic plans and documents for the organization.
• Uses data to provide insights to business leaders, and is able to effectively represent the function in various forums (WBRs/MBRs/QBRs etc.)
• Takes data driven decisions to prioritize strategic initiatives, focus areas etc.
• Lead an extended team of Account Managers to meet Seller recruitment goals (launches/Revenue/program adoption etc.)
• Leads recruiting and hiring efforts across direct team and broader organization
• Develop weekly metrics to track critical inputs and outputs and report out in weekly business reviews and regular flash reports to senior management.
• 4+ years of experience in sales, account management, business development, marketing, or customer service delivery
• Bachelor’s degree is mandatory, MBA is preferred
• Experience in an analytical, results-oriented environment with external customer interaction.
• Excellent communication skills in written and oral English with the ability to face external and internal partners in a professional and mature manner.
• Strong data analysis and deep dive skills using excel. Exposure to SQL and analytics/visualization tools is a big plus.
• Interest in e-Commerce/Online business
• Ability to deliver results independently in a fast-paced, challenging environment and passion for delivering great customer experience
• Attention to detail and high capability to work on different projects in parallel
• Creative and analytical problem solver with a passion for operational excellence
• E-Commerce experience preferred
• Previous responsibility for strategic development, product management or product marketing, revenue targets and quotas is desirable
• Experience of CRMs e.g. Salesforce, sales and marketing automation tools
• Experience of working on projects with global stakeholders