Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
(Virtual location based in Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, or New York City.)
Do you enjoy making order out of chaos? Are you looking for a role in a high growth business? Prime Gaming provides free games, in-game content and Twitch benefits to Amazon Prime members. The team launched 5 years ago and is preparing for further growth. Games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality. Games have the power to connect communities at a massive scale, and this role will delve into these communities and help Prime Gaming deliver the best content that is all about the gamers.
Prime Gaming is seeking a Business Analyst to be a key partner with the Content team. You will be part the team that is focused on acquiring new members and partnering with world class developers. You should be highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. You will be comfortable diving deep and have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment. Our vision is to provide the highest quality support for our internal customers, which in turns helps us make better decisions for all of our customers. Primary responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Understand the key input drivers of the business and dive deep into a variety of areas to help unearth business trends, create KPIs, and monitor metrics.
- Streamline processes and create scalable solutions.
- Deliver analytical solutions – partnering with business stakeholders to model, design, and build solutions in Tableau, Excel and Quicksight.
- Manage and execute entire components of large projects from start to finish including data gathering and manipulation, synthesis and modeling, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations.
- Research marketplace trends and competitive opportunities.
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We’ve got a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with all the unique strengths of being part of Amazon. Across all our teams and locations, we’re united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through gamesand we’re looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Amazon and AWS at your fingertips, you’ll have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. Our team also puts a high value on work-live balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting new members with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
- 4-7+ years of relevant experience in business intelligence or data analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency in one or more of the following methods – data analysis/visualization, financial modeling, statistical modeling
- 4+ years of experience in SQL and manipulating large data sets in a database
- 4+ years of advanced proficiency in Excel (including VBA, Pivot Tables, array functions, Power Pivots, etc.)
- 4+ years of experience using Salesforce, Tableau
- Proven ability to use hard data to back up assumptions and recommendations
- Ability to distill, cater, and communicate complex analysis and insights to senior leaders, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively with multiple teams and external organizations
- Must display fine attention to detail – successfully completes tasks requiring deep attention to a high volume of detailed information with the ability to build quality process into job functions
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Finance, or related field
- Advanced technical or business degree (MS or MBA)
- Experience within a high-growth technology company, equity research, startup company, or consulting service
- Experience within the gaming industry (mobile, console, or pc)
- Demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
- Proven ability to balance competing priorities, workloads, and tight timelines in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Ability to triage data concerns with both business and technical stakeholders, establish root cause, and propose quality improvement mechanisms
- Advanced proficiency in SQL, ETL, data modeling, and working with “Big Data”
- Computer programming experience in Python, R, Ruby, or Java
- Experience using AWS analytical services (e.g., Redshift, Data Pipeline, EMR, Machine Learning, Kinesis)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.