Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you love making sense out of data? Do you want to drive change on a large scale in complex organizations? Do you enjoy defining future processes and business systems?
Come join our product team within the Fixed Asset Controllership Program, also known as Project Everest. The program’s mission is to provide internal customer and business value by ensuring complete, accurate, and controlled tracking of fixed and leased assets in the Worldwide Consumer organization.
This role is assigned to Seattle, WA. However, there are additional approved locations that can be considered.
Key job responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
• Contribute to current and future state process analysis, ensuring process documents are high quality and comprehensive. Use process assessment data to create improved future state business processes, including definition of any automation, system use and, workflows required.
• Derive recommendations from analysis that have an impact on multiple teams and provide significant business value. Lead presentation of proposed future processes and customer journeys to business users of different levels of seniority across all areas of Amazon Operations, including teams such as Engineering, Launch Teams, Finance, and Accounting, to gain feedback, and collaboratively finalize process designs.
• Review functional and non-functional requirements for future state models to ensure requirements are justified, clear, singular, nonconflicting and prioritized, and are combined to create an unambiguous narrative for proposed solutions. Manage and lead gap analysis to understand most appropriate solution options, and write and present business cases to program boards and senior leaders to justify recommendations.
• Lead the creation of UAT plans and help coordinate the UAT process. Support go live of new processes and solutions, and act as a change champion to ensure successful change implementation. Provide insightful narrative and updates to project/program managers for progress reporting.
A day in the life
As a Sr. Business Analyst, you will deliver multiple, large-scale business improvement projects that delight our customers in WW Consumer while driving out cost, improving efficiency, and increasing financial and operational controllership. This isn’t easy much of this work involves linking varied practices across a large number of stakeholders. But you will be joining a broader team of analysts, program/product managers, and engineers all of whom will be partners for you in realizing our vision. You advocate for stakeholder needs by turning them into solid requirements, identifying opportunities for improvement, and solving problems with global impact!
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance, or related field
• 5+ years of professional experience in a business analyst role
• Experience defining requirements and using data and metrics to draw business insights
• Experience interviewing stakeholders to determine business requirements and gain agreement on a successful outcome for those requirements
• Experience working on multi-year projects
• Proficient and direct experience with one or more major data visualization tools including Tableau/QuickSight/Power BI, etc.
- Recognized Business Analysis qualification such as IIBA or ISEB.
- Recognized Project Management Qualification such as PMI PMP, APM.
- Master’s degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst role
- Expert-level skills in writing and optimizing SQL to handle large datasets.
- Experience engaging business stakeholders across multiple countries and cultures in a trustworthy and thoughtful manner within an exciting, innovative project environment.
- Ability to coach effectively and provide supporting and constructive feedback to team members to help develop talent and support career development.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Proven problem solving skills, project management skills, attention to detail, ability to influence others and exceptional organizational skills
- Experience writing and presenting business cases / ROI to senior business stakeholders.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.