Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon has the world’s most complex supply chain: we fulfill global demand for hundreds of millions of products at lightning fast delivery speeds. We need your skills in order to optimize our supply chain, with the end goal of delighting our customers. A core part of the operations is Forecasting: we predict the demand of tens of millions of products up to a year into the future. The forecasts are used to automatically order hundreds of millions worth of inventory weekly, decide where to place that inventory, and to establish labor plans for hundreds of warehouses.
Amazon’s SCOT Forecasting team seeks a Senior Product Manager with a strong technical skillset and a proven ability to influence across multiple organizations. In this role, you will create and drive the long-term vision for Fulfillment By Amazon (FBA) forecasting products to drive optimal supply chain decisions. To this end, you will work closely with a team of talented scientists as well as software engineers to build new machine learning models. You will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in machine learning and leverage cutting-edge Deep Learning techniques. Your work will be transformative to Amazon’s supply chain, particularly for our newer businesses.
Specifically, as a Senior Product Manager in forecasting, you will be responsible for:
- Defining the vision for our FBA Forecasting products, and working with scientists and engineering to achieve that vision
- Driving strategic communications (e.g. decision narratives, investment proposals)
- Communicating, earning trust, and influencing stakeholders from multiple organizations
- Diving into data to understand areas of opportunity, defects, and customer needs
- Working backwards from customers in the supply chain and business units to define new products
- Scaling these new products from prototype to production worldwide
The ability to collaborate with and earn trust from engineering, science, and business stakeholders is critical to this role. A successful leader in this role will be able to translate complex customer problems into technical solutions in an ambiguous and quick moving environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics
- 5+ years experience working with Machine Learning and Big Data
- 5+ years of supply chain experience
- Proven track record of deliveries, working with software engineers and scientists
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust and influence at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills ,with experience using quantitative tools and ability to self-serve data. Strong SQL and Excel skills preferred.