Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
This is a full-time, permanent, back-office, trilingual position based in Costa Rica and does not offer relocation benefits. Job applicants must be located and legally authorized to work in Costa Rica in order to be eligible for consideration.
The H3SC Compliance teams ensure Amazon transactions satisfy legal and safety requirements in accordance with guidelines set by regulatory bodies. The core task of Compliance Operations (C-Ops) is classification of ASINs through several methods; including Rule Writing, Manually reviewing each ASIN and using Customer feedback as a source of input for programs like Product and Food Safety, as well as ensuring transactions meet required documentation for trade purposes.
This ensures that Amazon sells legally compliant products that are safe for customers, storage and transportation. We coordinate the identification of potential risks of the items offered in the Amazon Catalog, and that appropriate actions are taken to eliminate any safety hazards for customers. This covers both local, international and internal policies in place.
Your job responsibilities as a Compliance Quality Analyst may include:
- Ensure that imported products have been tested in certified laboratories and that they comply with the legal requirements of the importing country.
- Verify all imported products have been properly entered into the destination countr.
- Classify products based on their potential hazardous risk, for safe storage and transportation based on SOP, vendor SDS and reliable information in compliance to global regulation.
- Remove from marketplaces or escalate unsafe products to protect customer.
- Identify and remove from the website products that violate our Restricted Products policies and proactively satisfy Amazon’s regulatory obligations for these products.
- Provide classification for complex ASINs that are blocked based on Ingredients, regulatory expertise and guidelines.
- Trouble shoot issues w.r.t transport & storage classification and instruct Fulfillment centers to enable smooth inbound & outbound processes of hazmat flagged products.
- Provide guidance to Fulfillment centers on hazmat classification and configuration issues.
In addition to the core responsibilities listed above, you will be expected to take on a larger organizational role, which can include tasks such as:
- Identification & implementation of improvement opportunities/automation to enhance process efficiency, quality and customer experience with measurable impact
- Responsible for quality, root cause analysis on process & quality gaps and recommend corrective actions
- Training and mentoring new hires and other associates, suggests improvements to training
- Creation and maintenance of SOPs and owns process updates
- Understanding of metrics, deep dive on KPIs, troubleshooting on reports and multiple data sources
- Flagging any updates received from stakeholders on process to Lead/Manager
- Active participation in stakeholder calls, leading and documenting the discussions
- Conduct feedback sessions, Training need identification (TNI) and maintenance of quality records and documentation.
Prior applying, please consider the following:
- This is not a virtual position. Due to the current situation caused by COVID-19, if selected for this role, all necessary equipment will be provided for you to work from home. However, once our company allows it and gives clearance, you will be required to continue working from our SJO16 building, located in the America Free Zone (AFZ), Cariari, Heredia.
- Only production schedule available: Monday through Friday from 6:00am to 3:00pm.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Amazon is a multi-national technology company and being proficient in English is a required qualification. CVs must be submitted in English as our recruitment team works in several jurisdictions.
- High School Diploma.
- 2+ years of experience in Customer Service and/or Back-Office corporate environments.
- B2 English proficiency or higher.
- B2 German proficiency or higher.
- University bachelor’s degree in process or concluded in any field.
- Experience in peer coaching, mentoring, and/or training.