Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
About Amazon Music
Amazon Music reimagines music listening by enabling customers to unlock millions of songs and thousands of curated playlists and stations with their voice. Amazon Music provides unlimited access to new releases and classic hits across iOS and Android mobile devices, PC, Mac, Echo, and Alexa-enabled devices including Fire TV and more. With Amazon Music, Prime members have access to ad-free listening of 2 million songs at no additional cost to their membership. Listeners can also enjoy the premium subscription service, Amazon Music Unlimited, which provides access to more than 75 million songs and the latest new releases. Amazon Music Unlimited customers also now have access to the highest-quality listening experience available, with more than 75 million songs available in High Definition (HD), more than 7 million songs in Ultra HD, and a growing catalog of spatial audio. Customers also have free access to an ad-supported selection of top playlists and stations on Amazon Music. All Amazon Music tiers now offer a wide selection of podcasts at no additional cost, and live streaming in partnership with Twitch. Engaging with music and culture has never been more natural, simple, and fun. For more information, visit amazonmusic.com or download the Amazon Music app.
Amazon is looking for a driven, strategic, customer-centric leader with experience improving operations and utilizing data to drive business improvements, in order to grow our Physical Music and Merch business. As part of connecting artists with their fans, the successful candidate will be skilled at gaining cross-functional support from internal and external teams to drive operational improvement initiatives and will be responsible for working with Tier-1 Music vendors to optimize the end-to-end supply chain and improve inventory availability for customers. The position requires an individual who can work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment.
The Sr Instock Manager will be an owner, solution-oriented, and able to focus on delivering results. He/she will bring a proven track record of connecting complex processes, and leveraging other teams and existing processes. Where processes do not exist, they will create them with an eye on scaling and simplifying.
In this role you will:
- Work directly with top vendors to improve key operations metrics, including: confirmation rates, lead time, on-time delivery, and out of stock rates.
- Engage with central teams to drive process automation and system improvements.
- Develop and execute Peak and Prime Day operations plans.
- Lead large scale supply chain cost-saving initiatives, identifying opportunity to extend those initiatives to the broader Amazon supply chain
- Perform root-cause analysis/reporting on operational issues, and then manage the solution to those issues.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures for effective processes and knowledge transfer.
- Own & drive the roadmap for Vendor Operations metrics.
To ensure the Senior Instock Manager is successful, he or she must be able to:
- Passionately advocate for the customer and category within Amazon.
- Exhibit dedication and commitment to cost-effective inventory management.
- Operate at all levelsthink strategically and tactically.
- Integrate strong and clear analysis and business rationale into sound decision making.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously – work prioritization, planning, and task delegation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Retail Planning, Information Systems Management, Accounting, or Finance discipline.
- 5+ years experience in supply chain, inventory planning, product management, engineering, retail, accounting or finance.
- Proficiency at interpreting data through analytics to make business decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to use formal and informal influencing skills across Amazon’s cross-functional organization.
- Successful track record in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel.
- Effective proficiency in analytical tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL and statistical software.
- Experience with improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma.
- Effective organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management and meeting deadlines.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Vet. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.