Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Prime Video is changing the way people watch movies and TV shows, offering multiple ways to instantly stream and watch videos. Our mission is to build the widest selection of digital video content and make it trivially easy for customers to enjoy great content wherever and whenever they want. To help us fulfill this mission, we are looking for a smart, customer-obsessed and analytical Merchandiser to help grow our digital video business and create innovative and engaging customer experiences. If you want to operate at start up speed, solve some of the hardest problems and build a service which customers love, Amazon Prime Video might just be the place for you.
The candidate for this role will be responsible for planning and executing best in class video merchandising strategies aimed at driving discovery, trials and engagement with the right content. The merchandiser will demonstrate a highly creative mind, keen understanding of video content trends and usage patterns, a sound business sense and editorial acumen, understand customer life cycles, and a knack for ‘just getting things done.’ This role will be based out of Mumbai.
Key job responsibilities
I) On-platform merchandising
• Storefront, the home-page of Prime Video, is the default starting point for a majority of our customers and as such is the most critical discovery layer of the Prime Video experience. The candidate will program relevant titles on the PV storefront across multiple devices (including Fire TV), with the objective of meeting engagement goals. This is done through identifying the titles from the content slate, getting creative assets made by working with design team/agencies, scheduling those assets on the storefront through the Amazon tools.
• Own site merchandising goals of increasing discovery of content and trials, customer engagement and improving retention.
• Creating SOPs (standard operating procedures) to define the merchandising support for shows and movies basis their categorization by business team.
• A/B Tests: Own design, production, scheduling and testing plans. Build, maintain, analyze and communicate performance reports; Recommend and implement optimizations based on learnings and insights.
• Dashboards & optimization: Working with peers and business analysts globally to develop actionable dashboards basis which campaigns on the Storefront can be optimized.
II) Video marketing
• Programming video advertising (for home service) for PV customers: This is done by identifying the titles to be promoted (basis contractual rights), getting the video assets developed by working with the design team and operationalizing the same using Amazon tools.
• Search on Prime Video is an important element of driving engagement of the service considering it’s a high-intent action by the customer. The person in this role will need to work closely with the Search team to continuously improve PV’s on-site search experience.
• Improving On-site Customer Experience: Undertaking creative testing to identify which routes lead to higher engagement.
• Working closely with the Product and Engagement Automation teams to identify opportunities for India for extending the current video marketing program beyond its present use.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams like Programming and Marketing on understanding content updates, consumption patterns and industry trends to be able to build a relevant content experience for the customer.
- 3+ years of marketing experience
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
- Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Business, Marketing or Communication
• 5+ years of experience in digital merchandising or online marketing.
• Brand marketing experience focused on building and designing digital content campaigns.
• Strong analytical capability and ability to communicate success metrics.
• Ability to prioritize workload and deliver results against multiple deadlines in a fast-paced setting.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Customer focus and obsession.
• Ability to learn new tools quickly. Experience with web/mobile analytics programs i.e., Site Catalyst, Google Analytics.
• High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• An ambitious self-starter with excellent follow-through skills to develop ideas independently and thrive in fast-paced environment is crucial. Demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done.
• Prior relevant experience of having handled a consumer-facing digital business in a product or marketing role
• Entrepreneurial and creative spirit, ability to try different things with minimal direction.
• Experience in sports marketing, knowledge and passion for video content across genres and languages a big plus.
• Understanding of HTML, XML, and Excel skills along with an understanding of web development.