Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon AIR is looking for an Aircraft Maintenance Operations Controller to join the Global Technical Operations team (GTO). The GTO Team works in tandem with the Amazon Air Network Control Center (AANCC) located at the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) to provide regular updates to the Amazon AIR internal customers and senior leadership. The role is kindred to a Maintenance Control operation in the aviation industry. The primary focus is to provide real-time technical information regarding fleet health and readiness for the Amazon Air North American, European Union and Canadian fleet. Ensuring accurate technical data is disseminated to minimize delays, reducing average delay time, and eliminating flight cancellations is key to this position. The Maintenance Operations Controller is responsible for inputting and tracking all maintenance disruptions globally that impact scheduled service and customer impact for AIR.
Key job responsibilities
- Enter data into tracking systems and monitor all aircraft maintenance disruptions world-wide for effective communications with Amazon key stakeholders
- Track Minimum Equipment List (MEL), Configuration Deviation List (CDL), Extended-range Twin-engine Operations Performance Standards (ETOPS), Category three operations (CAT III) and Autoland capabilities to ensure all aircraft systems are operational for inclement weather, extended over water operations and station capability preparedness
- Manage maintenance disruptions, distinguish between relevant and irrelevant technical information in order to make logical operational decisions and recommendations
- Contribute to KPI reporting for a portfolio of programs, providing visibility to the milestones, and performance across all projects and using this data to drive/influence business decisions
- Work directly with external providers, customers, and partner teams to craft and deliver scalable solutions
- Develop relationships with air carriers to gather appropriate information and data to analyze and make recommendations to and for the AANCC team while acting as liaison between carriers and Amazon Air
- Engage other Amazon business units globally to share best practices and improve end to end outcomes for Amazon customers
- Participate and lead external and internal conference calls and meetings as needed
- Supplement post-launch support plans (e.g., postmortem, issue/ticket management, etc.) and look for opportunities to improve program quality and operational excellence
- Work flexible hours, weekends, and holidays as required
- 3+ Years Airline, military, or equivalent experience with 14CFR 121 operations in line maintenance and maintenance control
- FAA Part 65 Airframe and Powerplant certificate
- 3+ years experience in Microsoft suite of tools including excel
- Maintenance experience with Boeing 767-200/300, 737-800, 777 and Airbus A330
- Bachelor degree in Aviation, business or similar
- Masters degree in Aviation or Business / MBA
- Avionics experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience
- Intermediate/advance Tableau experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English), including conducting system-wide briefings using teleconference and briefing senior leadership
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.