Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Love food? We do! The Amazon Fresh teams are seeking a Software Development Manager to join our team that is focused on building software for large cross-functional strategic initiatives that support AmazonFresh businesses globally. As a development manager on the team you’ll drive improvements to our technology, collaborating with sharp engineers and highly-engaged users to deliver high impact products. We have many domains ranging from highly-scalable transactional backend systems, to complex optimization problems, to customer facing applications. So, if you love building world-class software of any type, most likely we have a place for you.
We’re truly an agile shop: we work closely with users, deliver features with high frequency, can pivot on a dime when needed, and are aggressive about continuous and incremental delivery.
We’re looking for software development leaders who share our passion for continuously improving processes, who are motivated by challenging problems in distributed systems, algorithms, and HCI and who love people. If you have an compassionate can-do-it spirit, know how to deliver, a history of growing and supporting engineers, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Demonstrated ability to grow engineers
- Ability to write long term technical visions
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field, or alternatively 5+ years relevant industry software development experience
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience delivering complex, distributed systems which have thousands of active users or scale at or above 100 sustained TPS.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.