Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) seeks a Finance Manager to support the AWS Strategy and Business Development team that manages strategic partnerships across all of Amazon. As a Finance Manager, you will work closely with business leaders to develop financial models and analytical insights to assist in evaluating new business concepts, turning insights into operational measurements, and identifying paths to improve the overall planning and forecasting process. You will also provide strategy support to your business partners.
The successful candidate will have experience in past roles influencing business owners and supporting strategic decision-making in ambiguous and rapidly evolving environments. This role requires a self-starter with strong finance acumen, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects effectively. This role has regular interaction with executives and various business units across Amazon and therefore requires strong interpersonal and communication skills. Finally, this role requires strong business sense and an ability to independently drive business partnership.
Key job responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include:
- Build financial frameworks and models for new business ideas
- Provide strategic partnership to key business initiatives and investment
- Present financial summaries and business insights to senior management
- Lead financial modeling and short- and long-term financial planning
- Tighten internal controls for program spending and revenue
About the team
This role is on the Business Development and Strategic Industries (BDSI) Finance Team, which is a part of the AWS Sales and Marketing Finance organization.
- 8+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent.
- Analytical, financial modeling, and reporting skills
- An MBA or MS in Finance, Economics, or a related field
- Advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast paced and rapidly-changing environment
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- Demonstrated ability to influence decisions through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning and the presentation of alternatives
- Passion for diving into the details of P&L, NPV, ROI and customer lifetime value analysis
- Experience with data extraction using SQL or similar tools
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics.
- Ability to build and maintain a network of relationships which facilitate proactive finance engagement and collaborative problem solving.
- Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
- Passion for big challenges and a good sense of humor.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.