Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon is looking for an experienced professional to join the European Automotive team as a Vendor Manager. The position requires a professional with proven results in growing new and existing businesses, designing and executing sourcing strategies, building and directing teams.
Amazon strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want – low prices, vast selection, and convenience – Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
This role is based in our European Headquarters in Luxembourg City.
As a Vendor Manager you will manage Amazon’s relationships with Automotive vendors, owning and driving the business in key segments of the industry across Europe. You will be responsible for the growth of the business in the given segments, increasing available selection, improving site content and driving a great experience for our customers.
Key job responsibilities
- P&L owner of your category
- Design sourcing strategy (direct/ indirect supply, priority brands, selection and terms)
- Manage all vendor relations of one or more key segment(s) of the automotive category
- Establish relationships and drive high-level negotiations of agreements/deals with leading brands
- Agree with vendors on promotions and marketing initiatives and coordinate with the Marketing team to execute these activities
- Be an ambassador of Amazon within the automotive industry, developing deep knowledge of supply/ demand trends and success drivers
- Participate in day-to-day operational aspects of the category, including gathering and addressing customer feedback, price management, business improvement initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills are essential
- A track record of proven success in past positions
- Ability to think strategically and tactically
- Master’s/MBA degree
- Online and/or retail experience
- Previous experience in the automotive industry
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.